Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

D&D Character Class Discussion
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Illusionist

Illusionist

What do you think about this Character Class in the Dungeon & Dragons or (AD&D) system of role-playing? Consider the following:

1. Fighting ability (attack skills, use of weapons)
2. Unique skills (thievery, bless, talk to animals, etc.)
3. Magical skills (ability to use and acquire magic)
4. Tendency to progress (easy to go up in levels)
5. Limitations (cannot carry or use certain objects)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2006 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Illusionist
A Friend

Illusionist

It has to be said I would never use an illusionist on their own it would be to risky. However I feel that the best combination is a thief/illusionist and frankly I've never heard of any other good combination regarding an illusionist.

Fighting ability:- An illusionist is a spellcaster and thus not a very capable melee fighter. Which is why they are normally crossed with a thief.

Unique skills:- An illusionists unique skills are spells of illusion I.e. summoning halusinations, Beings that do not exist.

Magical skills:- An illusionist has the capability to carry several magical items as well as cast some minor cantrips (besides illusion spells).

Tendency to progress:- An illusionist does level up quickly in early levels but dramatically slows as the levels grow (similar to regular mage).

Limitations:- An illusionist cannot wear armour nor can they use any weapons other than a staff, dagger and sling (another reason for duel classing with a thief).

Reconcile Edited: Armstrong on 6th Mar, 2006 - 12:07pm

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 9:45am / Post ID: #

Illusionist
A Friend

Illusionist Reviews RPG & Card Board

Illusionists are basically wizards who get a bonus when casting Illusions. In every other way they are exactly the same as a normal wizard. (see mage discussion).

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2006 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

Illusionist
A Friend

Illusionist

Not quite, an illusionist cannot cast spells of their opposite school of magic plus they can cast more low level spells.

Message Edited!
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the User above you in order to reply.

17th Apr, 2008 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Illusionist

Roehug explained it correctly and I never found this character very interesting because there were some other limitations that I cannot remember off hand right now.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2008 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Illusionist
A Friend

Illusionist

I have found the illusionist to be a rather weak character. I suppose as they get up in lvl they get better but they are like a magic user in they are very weak at the start. Not having good fighting skills can get you killed soon in the AD&D world. If is good to have some money to get some good fighters to hang with.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th May, 2008 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Illusionist
A Friend

Illusionist

I find an illusionist is a very fun character to be if you're not quite the same alignment as the rest of the party as tricking your party members can be fun and I always see illusionists as erratic and not quite able to discern reality from what they create. Also, illusionists make great villains because it always keeps the party guessing as to what's real and what's just an illusion.

> TOPIC: Illusionist

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,