Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

D&D Character Class Discussion
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Assassin

Assassin

What do you think about this Character Class in the Dungeon & Dragons or (AD&D) system of role-playing? Consider the following:

1. Fighting ability (attack skills, use of weapons)
2. Unique skills (thievery, bless, talk to animals, etc.)
3. Magical skills (ability to use and acquire magic)
4. Tendency to progress (easy to go up in levels)
5. Limitations (cannot carry or use certain objects)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2006 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Assassin
A Friend

Assassin

An assassin in my eyes is very simular to a thief in many ways. They can both detect and disarm traps, they can both use stealth and they can use the pickpocket ability.

Fighting ability:- An assassin does not fight one on one they hide in the shadows and wait for their time to strike making them so lethal when crossed the wrong way.

Unique skills:- An assassins unique skill is that they can coat their dagger in poison once per day.

Magical skills:- An assassin rarely uses magic however they are very fond of magical daggers and grappling hooks.

Tendency progress:- An assassin would progress the same way a thief would.

Limitations:- An assassin has many limitations including, they cannot wear any armour, they can only specialize with a dagger and sling and they cannot be lawful good alignment.

The assassin is my favorite class.

Reconcile Edited: Armstrong on 6th Mar, 2006 - 1:06pm

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

Assassin
A Friend

Assassin Reviews RPG & Card Board

Armstrong sums up the class very well, I just go over one point he mentioned, that an assassin is similar to a thief. The problems are they are almost identical classes, they use similar equipment, attack in similar ways and have very similar skill sets. The Assassins a very good class to play, but I feel that the folks at wizards of the coast could have done a lot more to make it a class in its own right. It is like taking something and changing its cover, I really think they could have done a lot more thorough job rather then the half-hearted conversion were left with. I always imagined an assassin to be somewhere between a thief and a warrior utilising the shadows while having good combat abilities sadly this isn't the case

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2007 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Assassin

Name: Malick

Comments: Actually the assassin can were light armor (padded, leather, and studded) and also the assassin can be any neutral or good alignment seeing as how you have to be evil in the first place and also you have to kill a contracted person as a free be for them, though you can revert it would probably take you at least a year out game to revert to lawful good (which you can do if you REALLY want) but personally thats just too long for me and sides I don't see the good in being a "good" assassin, it take all the fun out of coupe de grace, seeing as how thats not an honorable kill it would go against your lawful as a chaotic, so ... its a rather tedious thing to do ... though most of the other things he said are true, I think spider climb and disguise self are VERY helpful spell for the assassin prestige class.

Source1: Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 rules

> TOPIC: Assassin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,