Difference Between Bluff vs Intimidate & Gather Information vs Diplomacy

Difference Bluff Intimidate Gather Information - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th Jun, 2013 - 7:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

D&D Feats / Skills
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2013 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I still don't understand what's the difference between bluff vs intimidate and gather information vs diplomacy. Can anyone help me?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2013 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Diplomacy Information Gather and Intimidate Bluff Difference

Bluff:
The merchant was a sly greasy typed man but his words rung with silvery lies he could bind any word to make it sound like truth as he sold his little items calming they had magic on them that only need be unlocked. "This plain and simple looking cup is worth its wait in gold. I witnessed it my self when a god stepped down to this plain and drank from it in tavern only 22 towns over." He said knowing each word was a lie piled one on top of the other.

It was no shock to me that the simple minded peasants of this land pore in coin believed and hung on every word he spoke thinking him a great traveler with story's of pure truth.

Intimidate:
The large set man was a brute not a flicker of intelligence behind his deep set eyes. That did not prevent the Knight from walking right up to him and planing his over sized blade in to the ground between his feet. "You will go now and you will be happy for it. I have spared your life when I could so easily of cut you down." Barks the Knight attempting to intimidate the half giant in to leaving with out a fight.

I swear if that brute had of been bright in the head at all, he would of seen past the Knight's strong front to see the cleric dieing in the arms of the rouge only a mere 20 foot behind them as are party was in no shape to fight.

I was relieved to watch the large man walk off slowly, even thanking the Knight for not killing him as he went. Bless him, the Knight's intimidation always could get us out of a tight jam with a couple well placed threats and words.

Gather information:
The cleric pored honey from her lips, her words sweet and kind she asked a bout the welfare of the merchant and his family, complemented him on the quality of his goods, and buttered him up before getting to the grit of it. She wanted to know if the man they where looking for passed this way the day before and busy minded people where always more likely to take the time to think if you took the time to get there action and smooth over there natural reaction to say "I know nothing, stop bothering me, or move along." With her well placed questions she learned much, the man had been past the marketplace the day before and no less 2 hooded men and young woman was with him.

The cleric reported back tot he group the colt leader is only a day ahead of us and the kidnapped girl seems to still be with him.

Diplomacy:
"I can't pay you 1000 gold, I don't have it! but what I can do is this..." The thief knew there was no getting out of this one he was going to need to pay his debit but he has not nearly enough coin to do so, and the blades at his throat and hands bound behind him was a clear indicator that he was cot with no way out. With a diplomatic mouth full of well chosen words, the thief bagged the man to make a new contract of words. "Let me go today and I will pay you double tomorrow, there is this man he owes me, I am suppose to meat him up tomorrow," The thief attempted to explain being as truthful as can be, and salting in only the smallest of lies to suggest this would be the most beneficial to the warlord who's grasp he had fell into.

"2000 gold is a lot of coin but that is not what I want from you." The warlord grinned "Not wen if I give you one more day to pay me I can have a debit of your skill. I will one day call upon you for a task unknown. I can ask for this at any time and you will have no choice but to act and you your skill for me. You cannot refuse for filling later with out knowing I would merely kill you for I am more interested at this time in you remaining alive and seeing my coin tomorrow." The war lard was quick to pickup on the mans attempt at negotiations and turned his on diplomatic charm on desiring a deal that would tip the benefit to his side of things.

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 28th Jun, 2013 - 7:22pm

28th Jun, 2013 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Bluff vs Intimidate & Gather Information vs Diplomacy Reviews RPG & Card Board

• Bluff is used when you are trying to lie.
  • Intimidate is used when you are trying to frighten someone into doing or saying something.
  • Gather Information is used when you are trying to chat with people around town to either find out what the major news headlines are or to find additional information on a specific topic.
  • Diplomacy is used when you are trying to persuade someone verbally to be nicer toward you (Kind of the opposite of Intimidate).

> TOPIC: Difference Between Bluff vs Intimidate & Gather Information vs Diplomacy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,