Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games - Page 2 of 2

There will always be some slow player but - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2016 - 1:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 
Top  Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games
6th Aug, 2013 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games - Page 2

Playing in a forum can be slow as it is just because of the mechanics of waiting for people in different time zones to make their move so you don't need the added delinquent adding to the wait time. Krsuten's problems can be easily sorted out by joining us in World of Medieval or FE. How come you haven't joined us yet?

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2013 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Players Slow Waiting

The weirdest is what JB said that he sees them login and like check the Role-playing Game thread they're in but don't reply to it - that makes no sense at all.

30th Jul, 2014 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (Play By Post)
...check the Role-playing Game thread they're in but don't reply to it

It isn't that weird, really they might be on the run and just checking their emails and got a message that there was a new reply in the game.

Rather off topic, but...
FairMaiden, I am actually waiting on someone to join Love Bytes so we can start role-playing there.

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2016 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games
A Friend

Page 2 Games Role-Playing Players Slow Waiting

One of the things I have done as a Play By Post GM is to establish clear expectations for posting; i.e. Once a Day, Mon - Fri. Weekends optional, if Life happens, and it does, just give us a heads up. If a player contacts me and says "I'm going on vacation for a week", that covers a lot of things, and I'll move their character out of the spotlight if it's in the middle of roleplaying, or make simple decisions and roles for them, if in combat.

If I don't hear from a player for 3 days, with no notice, I contact them to check what's up. If I don't hear for a week with no notice, I find a way to write them out of the game, in a way that if they return, I can easily bring them back in.

I understand that real life takes priority over Fantasy, but one player should not hold up the game.

What frustrates me the most is when I join a game as a player, make an awesome character and have great group dynamics with the other players only to have the GM disappear.

22nd Mar, 2016 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Players Slow Waiting

There will always be some slow player but what make it worst is the GM that chooses to wait for that slow player at the expense of everyone else. rolleyes.gif.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Waiting For Slow Players In Role-Playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,