Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers - Page 3 of 6

I'm probably a little bit guilty of - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Sep, 2015 - 11:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers
30th Jul, 2014 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers - Page 3

international QUOTE (Johnathan)
I don't think anyone cares about how your character feels, unless it's a short phrase...

Exactly! And even if you want to go on for a bit about how your character feels at least keep it to one post along with your action.

Sponsored Links:
30th Jul, 2014 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Gamers Role-Play Melodramatic

The melodramatic style is good when you're waiting on the Dungeon Master or players but not the other way around. Also there are some Role-playing Games that don't have actions and this might be useful too such [as] story building where there isn't character numbers to deal with just pure role play.

30th Jul, 2014 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers Reviews RPG & Card Board

True but in this instance I'm talking about a game where actions are required from each player and yet a couple of players decide to just go post after post with melodrama instead of just stating the action so the rest of us can move on. For me its kind of selfish really specifically in a Play By Post setting where time is precious and each post has got to count..

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2015 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers
A Friend

Page 3 Gamers Role-Play Melodramatic

I notice that I write more than the other players in my game - far less than the pages and pages you mention - but I always do try to add a bit of description, both physical and characterisation, to my posts. But I always label them with the "In character," "Out of character" And "Specific Action" Headings so if you're short of time you can skip.
What are the Game Master's' opinions on this? Do they prefer a bit of characterisation in the posts or just the actions? And if yes to characterisation, how much is reasonable? When does it become "Melodrama?"

Reconcile Edited: Adelardus on 12th Jul, 2015 - 1:12pm

12th Jul, 2015 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Gamers Role-Play Melodramatic

international QUOTE
When does it become "Melodrama?"

When I said earlier in this post that other players are waiting on them to make a firm action so the game can move on but they instead decide to simply role-play something not relevant - then its melodrama for me.

14th Jul, 2015 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

I appreciate what you do, Adelardus. Lots of creative ideas! I find it hard to write much text, because my characters aren't as developed (I would exclude Avan in KNtoran's 3.5 game). I start my characters hoping to develop them in game, but it doesn't work as well as a write up at the beginning.

I enjoy how the 3.5 game is progressing. All the characters have some character to them, and at the same time a useful action is posted to continue the game.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jul, 2015 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers - Page 3

I enjoy the drama as it builds character among the characters (Redundant I know). It shouldn't be a replacement for action though as being stuck on one part of a game can become boring.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2015 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

I'm probably a little bit guilty of what you're describing. I just joined a game recently, and I've really surprised myself with how much I'm enjoying the writing. So I have gone a little nuts with the dialog, and I can see how other players could find that annoying.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,