Artificial Intelligence - Page 4 of 5

I would like to think that anything AI related - Page 4 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 15th Oct, 2017 - 1:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Artificial Intelligence - Page 4

Rather off topic, but...
Because the oil industry, the car industry, and our government are all in bed together.

But we veer off topic again. This thread is about AI, and for now, the threat it may or may not pose to humanity.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Intelligence Artificial

I am still one that feels that AI will not be that much of a threat to humans right now. I am sure that watching many Sci-Fi films you could try to convince me otherwise *smile* I will check for another thread.

6th Sep, 2017 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I see a more pressing issue in the concentration of wealth. Every new technology does this. AI can do it faster than ever while replacing many traditional and even modern jobs.

Current AI can also make bad inferences from its data, so it's not risk-free. I see it more as a tool to work alongside humans. The problem being if you aren't using it you could be falling really far behind.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Page 4 Intelligence Artificial

We will have to see how humans interact with AI. I am sure that when we get AI here it can be a good thing for many and a bad thing for others depending on how you view it. I can see it helping humans all over the world and bringing in a great new age here.

13th Oct, 2017 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Intelligence Artificial

Any high tech advancements eliminates laborious jobs but also creates higher end jobs like programing, designing and maintenance.

I do not fear using AI to aide in calculations or long drawn out design analytical evaluations. I think less errors will occur though less intuitive insight will be given at the present level of AI.

In a unique use is the medical field. Might be nice for people with degenerative diseases to have and AI that does not get upset if their name is forgotten. Perhaps a lonely person could have a nice conversation or debate with an AI when no one else is around.

Icon you mention a real fear for me who owns the AI could end up running a lot of the world. Data mining, using AI's to push their corporate goals in every home. The scale they could do this at would far exceed anything we have seen to date. Not so much as putting people out of as preventing lower incomes from affording an education thus forcing them out of the work pool due to the lack of skills. But this can be prevented by allowing open access to all for education. Scotland University is free to the general population as far as I know thus eliminating this issue.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2017 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence
A Friend

Artificial Intelligence

AI is something that is going to come to this world if we want it to or not. Just exactly what that means to all of us as a whole is yet to be determined. I feel that it is going to be a good thing and that it will help push our currently technology level up further and faster so that as humans we can achieve a new level of understanding the universe as a whole.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Oct, 2017 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence - Page 4

Yes, Krakyn, education is of extreme importance, but we need a better culture of getting education. I think the world is improving in this point.

Open access to data collected by the companies and to their codebases will also help mitigate them having too much power, as experts will always be able to analyse and pass on their finding to the public. Our current reliance on whistleblowers is not ideal, we either have to decriminalise it, or create incentives for companies and governments to make data public.

KNtoran, I agree and certainly hope so, as long all the people in society does not become too reliant and lazy. If there's no motivation for discovery, or heck, a culture against science, then we will lose out on progress.

15th Oct, 2017 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Artificial Intelligence Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 4

I would like to think that anything AI related has some certain characteristics that we should all be aware:

* They are programmed to act on a certain algorithm created by someone who is imperfect

* Their thought logic might be on variables, predetermined facts or simply random based on someone who is imperfect

* Unless AI were to evolve to a state where it were self-aware, that conscious state existing in electronic circuits would be based on someone was imperfect

Thus if all hell were to break loose it would be because humans started it and not machines.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Artificial Intelligence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,