Jewish Caricatures

Jewish Caricatures - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2006 - 2:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
9th Feb, 2006 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Jewish Caricatures

Jewish Caricatures

Recently I was watching a news report by the BBC in which they were showing how the Arab newspapers regularly publish Jewish Caricatures making fun of both Jews and their symbols and yet Israel nor any Jewish organization has not rioted in the way the Muslims have about the Caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad; (this is covered here). What are your thoughts? Keep in mind this is about Jewish Caricatures and NOT Islam Caricatures.

The below image was published in a Syrian newspaper.

Jewish Caricatures
Jewish Caricatures (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
10th Feb, 2006 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Caricatures Jewish

The Palestinian Media Watch ( https://www.pmw.org.il/ ) is a good source for people to see how Arab newspapers, specifically Palestinian Arabs, portray Jews, Christians, Americans, etc. Click on the Cartoons and Photos link.

The cartoons showing how Palestinian Arabs view maps of the region are especially informative, as they show the entire region under Palestinian control - no Israel at all.

I find one that portrays Ariel Sharon as eating Palestinian children to be particularly offensive, along with one portraying Jews as Satan arguing with the Pope.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 10th Feb, 2006 - 12:31am

13th Mar, 2006 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Jewish Caricatures Judaism Studies

Some people get out of hand so quickly *shaking head* How can someone possible deny the Holocaust? Unbelievable and they are making a contest out of it!

[b]Iran Paper Holds Holocaust Cartoon Contest

TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian newspaper's contest for Holocaust-related cartoons has drawn entries from 200 people, with some drawings mocking the World War II slaughter: One entry shows Jews going into a gas pipeline.

Most contest entrants are Iranian, but six are Americans, and a few cartoons have been submitted from as far away as Indonesia and Brazil, according to the Hamshahri newspaper. A few of the drawings have been posted online.

Hamshahri began the contest last month as a test of the West's readiness to print cartoons about the Nazi killing of 6 million Jews in World War II. The contest, which runs through May 15, comes in response to caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad that sparked protests across much of the Muslim world.

One submission reflects the opinion of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who drew international outrage last year when he said the Holocaust was a myth.

The cartoon, by Iranian Firouzeh Mozafari, shows a circle of nine Jewish men entering and leaving a gas chamber that shows a counter reading "5,999,999," implying that Jews have inflated the number of Holocaust victims...

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060313/ap_on_...GZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2006 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Caricatures Jewish

CARTOON EXHIBIT MOCKING HOLOCAUST OPENS IN IRAN

An exhibition of cartoons about the Holocaust opened in Tehran this week, reflecting Iran's response to last year's Muslim outrage over a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad in a Danish newspaper.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ustcartoon.html

16th Aug, 2006 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Caricatures Jewish

This is crazy. I do not agree with this at all. Why can't they just get over it? It is very "unhealthy" in every aspect you can think of.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2006 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

Jewish Caricatures
A Friend

Jewish Caricatures

I think the point is quite clear..the hate is not produced by the religion, but both are symptoms of the real cause: the money.
When you are hungry and your neighbor is eating..it´s difficult not to feel envy. And it´s expressed, in this case, by hate, directly..the "religious way" of expressing it it´s only an excuse. As well as the caricatures and similars.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Aug, 2006 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Jewish Caricatures

Kitsuro, I find that argument extremely weak. The hatred within Islam for Jews is far deeper, and has existed far longer than anything to do with the prosperity of Israel.

Muslims in general, and Arabs in particular, have always treated Jews extremely poorly. They have always mocked them and their religion. They have always oppressed them.

What I wonder, considering the massive riots this last spring about some caricatures of the Muslim Prophet and Muslim ideas, where are all the riots of Jews? Haven't a lot of Jews killed other Jews in the riots? No? Why not?

It is horrible that Muslims (in this case Persians, not Arabs) would host such a horrific display. Not surprising, but horrifying nonetheless. What is even better is that the Iranian President claims that there was no Holocaust. In his recent interview with Mike Wallace, he called it "the so-called Holocaust".

22nd Aug, 2006 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Jewish Caricatures Studies Judaism

QUOTE (Kitsuro)
I think the point is quite clear..the hate is not produced by the religion, but both are symptoms of the real cause: the money.

Money is the root of all evil? Money surely rules many things, more than money is power and I believe subjugation of peoples is the real means behind the motivation to stir people up to anger against the Jews. You cannot get people to attack another unless they have 'reason', in this case the Jews are made out to be the 'demons' that must be eliminated from what the Arabs call 'their turf'. This was the same plot that Hitler used during the extermination - make the people believe the Jews are somehow 'evil' and they will get rid of them for you. Images plant a very strong impression on the mind, this is the power of pictures and caricatures can tell a thousand stories better than any orator, hence their effectiveness.

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
Muslims in general, and Arabs in particular, have always treated Jews extremely poorly. They have always mocked them and their religion. They have always oppressed them.

Conversely, I am sure the Arabs / Muslims may claim the same thing, however I do agree that Jews do not act with violence when caricatures are made of them (at least the majority don't), maybe they have gotten used to the 'hate' borne against them for centuries *shrug*.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Jewish Caricatures

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,