USA Civil Unrest - Page 3 of 7

Alchyrogue, I agree with you, but that may - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Jan, 2017 - 8:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
USA Civil Unrest USA Civil Disorder
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

USA Civil Unrest - Page 3

Ouch. So I started reading this with the intent of rebuking it because I didn't see how this was possible. Yet, the more I read the more I saw the logic. I'm not saying I agree with everything written here nor do I think we are in a civil war or is one inevitable. I do, however, think this is possible as our society continues to move in two diametrically opposed directions.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

Unrest Civil USA

I feel the same way. In the past liberals and conservatives sought the same goals but had different methods to achieve them. That is no longer the case. It really makes me sad. I'm a liberal and feel like my party has been hijacked. . I loathe the suppression of free speech coming from the left. It is fascist and against what this nation stands for.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

USA Civil Unrest History & Civil Business Politics

I'm independent but I lean conservative on a lot of issues and I feel like the conservatives of today have left me behind. They are so intolerant on both sides any more. The conservatives talk about Ronald Reagan like he is the icon, but in truth he wouldn't measure using today's view of conservatism. I have some views that are fairly liberal and if I were running for office I'm sure there are those on Fox News that would pillory me. It seems like if one isn't 100% aligned with "The truth" according to whatever side it is then one is against that side. What happened to compromise and to hearing the other side out? We're all Americans.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

Page 3 Unrest Civil USA

I think that 24 hour news and social media is a big contributor to it. Before those existed people could only watch a small amount of news and read a paper. Now people are saturated with it. Plus now with social media, it is used as a platform to espouse their beliefs by many. They can talk with people of like mind politically. Pre Facebook you probably didn't know the political leanings of most friends, family members etc. Now you do for better or worse. So many people now are just consumed with politics. I have had to block so many people in the last week or two on social media. They are just consumed by hate.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Jan, 2017 - 6:52pm

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

Unrest Civil USA

Yes, I think Fox News and MSNBC have done more to harm America than any good they could possibly have done. They add to the likelihood that there will be unrest because they can take the same exact issue, put a different spin on it and make it something to fight over. The internet now exacerbates that.

It seems we've lost the ability to have a civil discourse. My goodness, I've heard of couples breaking up over this election. That is absolutely insane to me. If it is really getting to this level than civil unrest is a real possibility. I think President Obama was right when he talked about us losing the ability to talk to each other because of false news. The issue is, he usually singled out Fox and conservative websites when he should have talked about both sides. There is plenty of blame to go around.

I mean, some people go only to MSNBC, some people go only to FOX and they can't even stand to talk to someone of a different view about politics. The more I write here the more plausible I see this scenario becoming. So sad.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

USA Civil Unrest

You are so right. They go to the news source that fits their worldview and won't believe anything that doesn't go along with their viewpoint. There is no compromise at all. I like to talk to people with different viewpoints. It's a good thing to do. These days it isn't something I care to do much. You never know if the person you are speaking with is rational or filled with hate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2017 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest - Page 3

I think people have gotten tired of compromise. There is this sense that because of compromises bad things happen. Take for instance that a lot of bills that get passed in congress require a lot of compromises. Because of these compromises, not only does the bill not have the final effect it started out trying to get (It gets watered down), but also there are lots of kickbacks to whichever people gave their votes to get the bill passed. This is a lot of the 'fat' that people want to carve out of politics. Because of these views that bad things happen when we compromise, people become more and more intolerant. They feel that they either get their way or nothing is going to happen. These past 4 years have been the most divided congress we have ever had. Republicans have the majority now, but I have a feeling that whenever the Democrats get the majority back they are just going to undo everything they can (Much like the Republicans are promising to do now). This creates a stagnant society where progress can't be made because we are squabbling over who should benefit the most from the progress. It is a very frustrating situation.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

USA Civil Unrest
A Friend

USA Civil Unrest Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Alchyrogue,

I agree with you, but that may be pushing us more and more towards what this article asserts. Furthermore, our country and our government was and is based on compromise. They had to make huge compromises to approve the Constitution… and God knows it was flawed. Heck, we had wait 70 years to start to redress the biggest flaw in the Constitution and we're still dealing with the fallout from that. That said, it's a masterful work and has helped to propel us to where we are. We just have to learn to take out the pork and take the best of both sides. We used to be able to do that.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: USA Civil Unrest

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,