Boston Marathon - Page 9 of 10

Wounded Soldiers Share Journey to Inspire Boston - Page 9 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Apr, 2013 - 9:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 
Discuss  Boston Marathon Also briefly covers the Boston Marathon 2013 explosions. More in depth Discussion on the terrorists for the 2013 attack is covered here: Tamerlan and Dzhokar Tsarnaev
21st Apr, 2013 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

Boston Marathon - Page 9

I've been holding my judgment on this sad event because I wanted to understand more about it before commenting. I didn't make up my mind yet and I will probably never be able to do it.
From my point of view there are two possible scenarios, both of them having the two perpetrators as nothing more than spendable pawns.
Discarding the possibility of an organized terrorist attack (Al-Qaeda, unfortunately, is much more organized than that) what is left is:

A local terrorist cell connected to some minor organization. I don't know exactly how terrorists organize themselves in the US so I applied the European model which may be not accurate given the possible differences. Usually, small fundamentalist groups gather around a mosque where a fanatic Imam uses the daily functions to stir up their mind (note that this absolutely DOESN'T HAPPEN IN EVERY MOSQUE. Only a very few ones). When the Imam grows in popularity he can eventually become the leader of a small active cell. This could explain why the older brother has been described as an "Indoctrinated" person and where did they get the weapons and the plan.

The second possibility, sorry guys, is something similar to what KNtoran described in his posts. Is not about being a conspiracy theorist. Governments are not new to resort to such "Tricks" to prepare the population to otherwise unpopular moves. If this is the case, it will become clear following the American Foreign policies during the next month or seeing which kind of law or amendment will be disguised as an emergency answer to the bombs.

Rather off topic, but...
Maybe I'm too hard with the American Government but, non-Americans, still find it hard to forget about Colin Powell showing a vial full of anthrax (which actually was clear water) to terrorize the United Nations just before the invasion of Iraq. Specially after it became evident that the only anthrax present in that story was the one supposedly contained in that famous vial.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2013 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Marathon Boston

It's refreshing to see that everyone readily believes that this was just two 'kids' deciding to make a statement. I'm seeing the new push by authorities to label them as "Lone wolves", in other words terrorists that do not affiliate with any specific group but still carry out these actions. Regardless to "Who did it" the whole act was deplorable and a disgrace. A sports even is something meant to bring people together not put fear into them. This brings back memories to the Atlanta Olympic bombing, another sports even that caused fear. Now every Boston Marathon from here in out will be with intense security and scrutiny.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2013 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Boston Marathon Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Federal prosecutors hope to charge Boston bombing suspect Dzhokar Tsarnaev as early as Sunday, a Department of Justice official tells CNN.

Since Tsarnaev is in serious condition, he may be arraigned at the hospital, a law enforcement source said.

Authorities have not publicly detailed how Tsarnaev was injured, but a federal official said the 19-year-old has injuries to the throat. He was apprehended Friday night.

An official who has been briefed on the case said the suspect is "Intubated and sedated."

Authorities have not publicly said what charges will be filed against Tsarnaev. But a Justice Department official, speaking on condition of anonymity, earlier told CNN that he will face federal terrorism charges and possibly state murder charges. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2013 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 9 Marathon Boston

Chechen insurgents deny any link to marathon bombing:

The militant group responsible for the Chechen insurgency cast doubt Friday on allegations that the two known suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing - who are of Chechen origin - carried out the attacks. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2013 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Marathon Boston

"I think they were hell-bent on killing as many police officers as they could," Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau said in an exclusive interview with USA TODAY on Sunday. Also Sunday, officials announced that Copley Square and other Boston landmarks would soon be reopened to full public access. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon attack remains hospitalized. He may be formally charged Sunday. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2013 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Boston Marathon

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, is awake in a Boston hospital and responding in writing to questions, a law enforcement official told USA TODAY on Sunday. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment. Ref. USAToday

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Apr, 2013 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Boston Marathon - Page 9

Now that the suspects are known, caught or dead more in depth Discussion is needed on the terrorists, so there is this Thread: Tamerlan and Dzhokar Tsarnaev - Terrorists. Thus leaving this Thread open to continue on the Boston Marathon itself.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2013 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Boston Marathon Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 9

Wounded Soldiers Share Journey to Inspire Boston Victims
US Military News

Wounded soldiers recovering at Brooke Army Medical Center have a message they'd like to pass on to the Boston bombing victims: You're not alone.
Source: American Forces Press Service News Feed

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Boston Marathon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,