Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

Fighting Terrorism 1492 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Dec, 2007 - 11:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Do you agree?
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2006 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Look at the below image and the statement it implies, do you agree?

Fighting Terrorism Since 1492 (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Terrorism Fighting

Of course I agree with the statement being made. Native Americans got the short end of the stick. The colonials invaded and conquered, later, the US government did the same. After eliminating many tribes, we "let" them have their own plot of land to live on. They were here first and they fought desperately to stop us, we terrorized them for sure.

Post Date: 10th May, 2006 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fighting Terrorism Since 1492 History & Civil Business Politics

I absolutely agree the Native Americans have been fighting terrorism since this land was discovered. This terrorism has been felt all over the Americas and the wave of these actions have hit all Native Americans from conquering their land, to continuous wars or battles, to removing the people from their land, right down to setting slanders and stereotypes about the people.

10th May, 2006 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism Fighting

The colonials invaded and conquered, later, the US government did the same.

No disrespect to the opinions that have been posted so far, but to compare the takeover of lands from Native Americans with terrorism is far from the truth. There is a distinct difference between invading and conquering and inflicting terrorism.

An invasion is a military action consisting of armed forces of one geopolitical entity entering territory controlled by another such entity, generally with the objective of conquering territory or altering the established government. An invasion can be the cause of a war, it can be used as a part of a larger strategy to end a war, or it can constitute an entire war in and of itself.

I am not saying I agree with how the Native Americans were treated, but to call it terrorism, I believe, is not a fact.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 10th May, 2006 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Terrorism Fighting

The definition of terrorism means "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

Through this definition could the idea of Native Americans fighting terrorism be a fact because a lot of the situations formulated against them were under these ideals.

Post Date: 28th May, 2007 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is more like another question rather than an answer, but I would like to know about 1492 because I have been told by 2 people who do not believe in having illegal Mexican immigrants in the US. They have made statements such as: Native Americans hate the illegal immigrants from Mexico because they have been destroying their borders since 1492. Is this a true?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2007 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Terrorism 1492

Name: Joe

Comments: I think it fits better if you replace terrorism with Immigration...

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fighting Terrorism 1492 Politics Business Civil & History

The statement is so true, America has made this something that they consider a right for them to do.
That kind of Terror has been practiced on many frontiers and is still being practiced.
Upon Africa with Tarzan, upon Native American Indians with the Cowboys, upon Islam with the fundamentalist Christian.
When will it stop, when will this kind of man realise that time will not always tolerate that behavior.
Fairness Truth Justice must be seen to happen in all dealings of man, will they make amends or wait for the payback to come?.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,