Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 4 of 17

I think she may have a chance, however I do - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th Dec, 2009 - 11:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (17) »
Politician - Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the new Leader of the UNC and first woman Opposition Leader - what are your thoughts?
8th Oct, 2007 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 4

There is a thin line between loyalty and stupidity, I hope Kamla knows what she is doing especially after I defended her in the early part of this Thread for being a leader and now she is showing that she is just a follower.

Sponsored Links:
8th Oct, 2007 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

Leader? This woman is not different from Panday as I stated earlier on this thread. Whatever Panday tells her to do (as proven by Geenie's post) she does it. What a fool.

9th Oct, 2007 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Did you all read the letters to the Editor in the Express today? There are several and all of them hit very hard to Kamla. The strongest one:

No Kamla, no one will keep you down. You will keep yourself down. I did not go to the rally because I am a firm believer in the saying "tell me who your company is and I will tell you who you are". To attend that rally would have said that I support dictatorship, high-handedness, disrespect, ingratitude, arrogance, ignorance, selfishness and the list goes on.

I looked at you on tv saying "Yay! Yay!" and my heart bled. It was the most pitiful call for sympathy I have ever seen. You continue to pledge you support for the UNC with your mouth but your body language, facial expression and intonation reek of disappointment and rejection.

I along with thousands have always admired you for your eloquence, graciousness and intelligence. Today my heart is broken. I am disappointed that you have not stood up and demanded what is rightfully yours. You have worked tirelessly, loyally and fearlessly for party, people and country. Any opportunity offered to you would have been the fruits of you labour and not purchased in golden wrappings.Â

Kamla, you have disappointed the entire female population, Indo and Afro, who have supported you for many years. You have displayed the stereotype of the typical female of decades ago. In case you have not realised, it is now OK to oppose the male gender, to let your voice be heard and to stand up for equality, principles and honesty.

As for that "special role" you have been given, that is not so special - you have been "head of the women's contingent" for all your life - in your home, your community and the country.

I now have to question whether your "commitment" is really a lack of ambition to reach the highest you can and should. If you are really "a woman in love" you would have demanded your rightful place as leader of women and this country. It is only there you can show "love and devotion to the people" in tangible ways. It is only there that the innate nature of women to nurture and mould with love, devotion, humility and integrity can have any impact. As women we have the natural instincts of economics and multi-tasking.

God has given us the divine task of maintaining human existence and along with this he gave us the tools of mental, physical, emotional and spiritual fortitude to perform this task.

I, along with thousands, am very, very disappointed that you have failed to demand the opportunity to bring these qualities to the leadership of this country which is reeling from the arrogance, incompetence and chauvinistic manipulation of a male-dominated autocracy.

You will never be forgiven for failing to rescue this country from the abyss of anger and self-destruction.

You will forever be held accountable for not salvaging  this country with the God-given attribute of the female gender to love, forgive, guide and nurture while skillfully using the iron glove to discipline, teach, save and punish.Â

Nalini Maharaj

via email

9th Oct, 2007 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Persad-Bissessar Kamla

I believe all the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago are either laughing or shaking their heads in disgust, where Kamla Persad-Bissessar is concerned. This morning I intended to post about every human being's limitations and also, what a poor example Kamla is setting for the young women of Trinidad and Tobago. But this letter to the editor sums up all my thoughts quite eloquently. I hope Kamla is taking the time to read it!

9th Oct, 2007 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

One descent Indian woman I was hoping to have finally represent the Indian women of this country and she put herself out like that. Worst yet she let Basdeo Panday treat her like a piece of trash.

11th Oct, 2007 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar

I have a question. Isn't Kamla Persad-Bissessar an Attorney-at-law? I always regarded all attorneys as aggressive, sharp, cunning, they never let their guard down and will not hesitate to go for the jugular vein, when the need arises. Interestingly enough, Kamla (I am guessing here that she is an attorney) does not seem to possess any of these qualities. Maybe her behaviour was influenced by how she was raised by her family? Who knows?

I am an avid fan of the Dr Phil show and there are two pieces of advice that I will always remember; he says:

When you choose the behaviour, you choose the consequence.

You teach people how to treat you.

I think both can be applied to Kamla. It is her choice to be submissive and to allow Panday to walk all over her. She is teaching Panday that it is acceptable to exploit or humiliate her and regardless of his actions, she will continue to follow him around like a little puppy. Sigh! The lady really needs to grow a spine!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Dec, 2009 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 4

Kamla Persad-Bissessar seems to be kicking in a gear for leadership of the country through running as the future PM under the UNC. Question here, do you think that Kamla Persad-Bissessar has what it takes now to be the future Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago?

15th Dec, 2009 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

I think she may have a chance, however I do not think she has what it takes, she seems to not be a person of her word and is unpredictable.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Kamla Persad-Bissessar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,