British Immigration Rules

British Immigration Rules - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Jan, 2008 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Immigration: Mother consigned to certain death by harsh new rules
Post Date: 18th May, 2006 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Immigration: Mother consigned to certain death by harsh new rules

Ms Alabi was denied the chance of a heart transplant simply on the grounds of her nationality and died in hospital on Monday night at the age of 29, leaving three-month-old twin boys and a two-year-old son. Desperate attempts to get a High Court judge to overturn the rules were delayed as Ms Alabi was forced to fight a deportation battle even as she lay dying in hospital.
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...ticle485917.ece

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2006 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules Immigration British

Sometimes there are exceptions to the rules. This should have been the case here. Its to bad that three boys now have to be motherless at such a young age simply because their mother didn't follow the right procedures to become a citizen. I understand that she shouldn't be given priority over citizens. But what about priorities as a human being, as a mother, don't those count for something?

3rd Oct, 2007 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

British Immigration Rules History & Civil Business Politics

This is certainly a very tragic case, but what the Government is looking at, is that people by the thousands come over to Great Britain to receive free healthcare. People in Great Britain pay a national insurance on their wages before they even get their wages to make sure that it goes to the health service. This is compulsory!
The problem is, that if a Brit goes to another country on holiday they have to pay for a holiday insurance premium to pay for any health problems incurred whilst they're abroad, whereas every man and his uncle visiting the UK expects to receive free health care whilst visiting here.
I agree that it seems very unfair for this poor woman to die like this, but I know for a fact that if she was visiting any other country she wouldn't get any health care there until she produced the relevant documents/insurance policies.
What is really needed here is the same insurance policies for visitors to the UK, as is implemented for UK citizens whilst they visit other countries.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

3rd Oct, 2007 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

I remember just walking in a doctor's office in Windemere because I was very ill and after receiving an evaluation and tablets I asked how much the fee was and was told "Nothing, you are free to go" - I was surprised. I think this should be just for Citizens and Residents of the UK unless it is an emergency. It is unfair to pay for every health bill a foreigner dishes out to you.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Oct, 2007 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

That's exactly the problem with this country! Unfortunately, there are many, many people out there from other countries who know how to exploit our system, and they come over here, receive free treatment, go back to their own country without giving anything back, and they never return until they have another serious medical problem! Sounds like I'm bitter? Yes, you can say that when you see how many British citizens are pushed to the back of the queue to make way for non citizens to have their treatment. When you pay so much out of your wages to contribute to the health system, it is so very unfair to be pushed back to make way for others who shouldn't really be eligible at all!

JB certainly hit the nail on the head with his comments!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

3rd Oct, 2007 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Well, maybe with new Governance new Immigration rules will apply. I think Britain is actually one of the easier places to get in, not as easy as Canada, but less difficult than the US.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2008 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Migrants language lessons rethink

Free English lessons will be targeted at migrants who are poor or socially excluded, under government proposals.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7170125.stm

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2008 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

British Immigration Rules Politics Business Civil & History

Crackdown on immigration unveiled

All UK visa applicants will be fingerprinted as part of new measures being announced to tighten Britain's borders.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7186492.stm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: British Immigration Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,