Sky Diving

Sky Diving - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 30th May, 2018 - 11:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

As a sport
Post Date: 29th May, 2006 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Sky Diving

Sky Diving

Have you ever done any kind of Sky Diving? Do you consider it a sport?

FIRST-TIME SKYDIVER DIES IN ACCIDENT

A first-time skydiver fell to her death at a parachute school south of Cleveland on Sunday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ydiver-sun.html

Sponsored Links:
30th May, 2006 - 7:02am / Post ID: #

Diving Sky

I have never skydived, but I have a few friends who have. Most recently, a female friend who is over 50 skydived for the first time. My friend is tiny and it's scary to think she might have slipped out of her harness. I wonder if the woman in the story was little and that is why she slipped out. My friend said she had bruises on her shoulders from being jerked by the harness, but it was worth it because of the great fun of it.

She was harnessed to her instructor at the time, but he was unable to save her.
I wish I knew what this meant. Did he have to cut her loose?
Do you consider it a sport?
Why not? I think any physical activity that takes skill and practice to become good at could be considered a sport.

1st Jun, 2006 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Sky Diving Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I have never been skydiving, and frankly, it is one of those activities that scares me the most. I don't think I would mind the freefall part, it is the landing that really frightens me.

As for skydiving being a sport, I don't know if I could go that far to label it as such. Yes, there is skill involved, but to be a sport, there would have to be some sort of competition for it. What competition could possibly come from skydiving? It is recreational at best, in my opinion.

1st Jun, 2006 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Diving Sky

From what I understand the landing bites no matter what you do. You need to be in shape for the fall at the end. I was excited about doing this some years ago, but now I do not think I would dare at all, maybe I am getting too old and no longer feel 'invincible'?

3rd May, 2007 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Diving Sky

I have not as yet but would love to try it with my wife.

I feel it is a definite skill to land or go to a specific place when dropped from a plane.

Here is a link to a descriptions of some competitions I really like the very last category drop onto a mountain and sky the rest of the path to rescue some one. Talent indeed!

This the the United States Parachute Assotion web site>

compitions by USPA

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2011 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sky Diving

San Diego skydiver one of 2 killed in Perris

A 42-year-old San Diego skydiving instructor was killed Thursday along with another skydiver after an apparent midair collision over the Perris Valley Airport. Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th May, 2018 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sky Diving

Truth behind embarrassing selfies. EMMA Carey’s story of surviving a skydiving accident was both compelling and inspiring, but it turns out the reality is brutal. Source 8y.

> TOPIC: Sky Diving

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,