Whooping Cough - Page 2 of 2

Whooping cough more widespread than previously - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 6th May, 2018 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
20th Jul, 2012 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Whooping Cough - Page 2

In today's USA Today they were reporting that there were twice as many cases of whooping cough than there were last year and it is growing. This is something to be mindful especially people showing symptoms.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2012 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Whooping Cough
A Friend

Cough Whooping

One always needs different perspectives, just like more then one medical exam may be helpful. I saw a report not long ago, Dr Mercola reported, The Vaccination for Whooping Cough could be causing the epidemic. I thought, ok, probably correct, but holding my opinion.

In our local news paper yesterday, there was a report on the current Whooping Cough Epidemic in CA and the US. The CDC urges more Vaccination, but also stated that those parents with kids, which had not gotten vaccinations, were not a threat to the system, as all new cases seem to be from those who had gotten the Whooping Cough shots previously.

So my mind is going, what did I just hear, their push for more shots, why if those with no shots are not the problem. ?

I find that disease come mainly from not eating correctly and from eating highly processed devalued foods. So if you are not able to eat well to be healthy, then vaccinations may be the better choice.

Reconcile Edited: DavidLJ on 21st Jul, 2012 - 8:27pm

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2013 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Whooping Cough Health & Special Psychology

Whooping cough epidemic strikes

New Zealand Southland and Otago are in the midst of a whooping cough epidemic, which medical experts say could have been prevented by subsidising immunisations for all ages. Ref. Source 2

7th Sep, 2013 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Cough Whooping

Whooping cough reaches epidemic level in Texas. Things are not going very well over there.

international QUOTE
Whooping cough has reached epidemic proportions in Texas and could hit a 50-year high, a health official said on Thursday.

Nearly 2,000 cases of whooping cough have been reported in Texas this year. Two infants, who were too young to receive the whooping cough vaccine, have died, state officials said. The number of cases likely will surpass the recent high of 3,358 in 2009, according to the state health services department.

"We're clearly having an epidemic," Said Dr. Carol Baker, the director of the Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston.

Dr. Lisa Cornelius, Texas infectious diseases medical officer, said: This is extremely concerning. Pertussis is highly infectious and can cause serious complications, especially in babies, so people should take it seriously. Source 5

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2016 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Cough Whooping

Study shows whooping cough booster fades quickly

Evidence is mounting that a new version of the whooping cough vaccine introduced in the late 1990s loses its effectiveness. Kaiser researchers found the Tdap vaccine offered moderate protection in the first year, but then that rapidly decreased over the next four years. Ref. Source 9r.

Post Date: 12th May, 2016 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Whooping Cough

Pertussis vaccination in pregnancy is safe, study finds

Tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine is recommended for all pregnant women in the U.S. As the key medical intervention to protect newborn infants from pertussis (Whooping cough). However, the safety of giving the Tdap vaccine to pregnant women has not been fully determined. According to a new study the Tdap vaccine is safe for both mothers and infants. Ref. Source 7v.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th May, 2018 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Whooping Cough - Page 2

Whooping cough more widespread than previously known. New research suggests that whooping cough cases in Ontario are nearly eight times the number actually reported, reinforcing the importance of up-to-date vaccinations to protect against illness and the spread of disease. Source 2m.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Whooping Cough

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,