Can A Woman Raise A Son To Be A Man ?

Can Woman Raise Son Man - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Jul, 2006 - 2:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2006 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

In the movie Boyz In The Hood. Angelia Bassett drops the son off to Laurence Fisburne and says teach him to be a man. I sat and thought hard about this. Is a woman capable of teaching her son to be a man. And is a man capable of teaching his daughter to be a woman ?

Sponsored Links:
16th Jul, 2006 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Man Be Son Raise Woman Can

In my opinion, yes, although there are some instances where this isn't possible as some parents just aren't capable of raising their children correctly regardless of their gender.

There has to be plenty of input for the children of their same sex, ie.. if a man is raising a daughter by himself, it is important that the daughter still gets to mix with other girls, and do activities that maybe her friends at school are participating in. The same goes for a woman raising a son by herself.

Like it or not, there are differences in how men think, to how women think, and this applies also to their interests.

My boss's husband passed away last year, and she was left to raise her 2 young sons. She is very mindful of the fact that the boys are impressionable, and through no fault of their own, they are left with no 'man' figure in their life.She now spends Saturdays taking them to watch a rugby match, even though she has no interest in the sport, she feels that it is imperative that they be raised with having interests that they would naturally have gained if her husband was still here.

16th Jul, 2006 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Can A Woman Raise A Son To Be A Man ? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Is a woman capable of teaching her son to be a man. And is a man capable of teaching his daughter to be a woman ?

Oh yes, I think so. I know many people in both situations who have raised great kids and became great men and women. As DianeC said, I think it all depends on the experiences and things the parent exposes the child to.

17th Jul, 2006 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Man Be Son Raise Woman Can

Yes, I believe a woman can raise a boy to be a man, and that a man can raise a girl to be a women. I think it's very important for the boy have a father figure in his life, a grandfather or an uncle for example. This is important not only to teach him masculine ways, but to give him confidence and teach him about himself. I believe both girls and boys desperately need nurturing and teaching from both men and women, to become their best selves. I believe that many of the social problems facing the youth today are due to children being raised less and less in the traditional way, with both parents living together with their children. Sometimes this is inevitable, but if we are aware of the need for it we can compensate for it with extended family and friends.

> TOPIC: Can A Woman Raise A Son To Be A Man ?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,