Veganism - Vegan

Veganism Vegan - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 14th Jan, 2015 - 7:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Discuss  Veganism,Vegan This is a general Thread about Vegetarians and Vegans - other Threads are country specific.
29th Dec, 2013 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan

Veganism - Vegan

As mentioned in the Vegeterianism Thread I am now Vegan. I have opened this Thread for any Discussion related to a Vegan lifestyle which basically is: no consumption of any animal products.

Veganism - Vegan
Veganism - Vegan (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2014 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Vegan Veganism

I really don't think I could be vegan. I can do without meat at a meal but no animal products means no pizza, ice cream and a lot of other great stuff. I don't know JB I almost feel sorry for you. I saw you made some nice pizzas in the gallery are you going to stop making them now or have a substitute?

6th Jan, 2014 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan Health & Special Psychology

Food is just not that interesting for me with the kind of stress I'm under. Some days I wish I did not have to eat, to be honest, so living a vegan lifestyle after being vegetarian for so long is not that difficult. I only have more to gain from it in the way of health and not feeling 'obligated' to partake in things that really at the end of the day are not good for me. Therefore giving up "Pizza, ice cream" And all the other animal based products is not a problem. As for your question, pizzas can be made with tofu cheese but I'm not the kind of vegan that looks for substitutes of things that I no longer eat.

23rd Jan, 2014 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Vegan Veganism

A good down to earth ametaur video on being a vegan from college students.

24th Jan, 2014 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Vegan Veganism

One of the things highlighted by many health gurus is that vegans can get heart attacks or live LESS longer than their meat eating counter parts. The reason for this is being vegan in itself does not mean health. If you are vegan and eat potato chips, fried foods and don't exercise or get in your vitamins then you are likely to get a heart attack even faster!

Really, a person who is vegan is extra watchful of what they consume right down to the label and finding out how what they consume or may consume is produced (Reading the label goes a long way). The main basis of this is the Omegas which most people associate with fish but it is also found in MANY other foods especially oils such as Olive and Canola.

It is very important to understand the following:

Hydrogenated or even partially Hydrogenated oils are BAD for your health. I go more into this in this Thread: Hydrogenated Oils. Any health expert will tell you that if your food has any of this oil in it then it should be thrown out immediately as it is the cause of heart disease! Yet, hydrogenated oil is found in many things you consume because it is cheap for the manufactures of processed foods. Yesterday, I checked some Tofu cheese that we have in the fridge, guess what - it is made with partially hydrogenated oil! Needless to say I will not be eating that again. On one hand you think you are gaining health but really you might be killing yourself. This is one of the reasons many vegans like the raw diet. Along with this is Saturated oils which are also bad for health. Basically, you want to stick with good oils like olive and canola but even in buying these oils you have to be sure of how they are produced.

Flaxseed oil, which I recommend from the seed (Grinned) rather than the oil itself, is an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids and will reduce the build up of any undesirable oils or by-products in your body.
Here is a great breakdown of oils for a vegan diet and it goes more in depth than I did: Source 4

This is a great video on understanding vegans vs meat eaters from 2002. There are more updated ones but the facts are more or less the same.

5th Feb, 2014 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan

The below video covers all aspects of being Vegan; pregnancy, restaurants, health, fitness, environment and ethical reasons to be vegan.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Mar, 2014 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Veganism Vegan

This debater puts down meat eating to: "Meat the new asbestos" And talks about the ethical reasons for becoming vegan / vegetarian.

14th Jan, 2015 - 7:43am / Post ID: #

Veganism Vegan Psychology Special & Health

I've really become interested in food and what we put into our bodies. More so now, I'm a mum. I've realised over the last few years, that I am lactose free. So I have been looking at Veganism to help me understand what foods can be used instead of dairy. I still eat meat, but I make sure I know what is going into my body. Where everything is made and with what. This world we live in is going too fast, the food shouldn't be one of them. I never thought I would be looking at so many vegan recipes for my diet. It just makes sense.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Veganism - Vegan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,