Thomas S. Monson

Thomas S Monson - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th Jan, 2008 - 6:58am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 8 56 142 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Thomas S. Monson
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2006 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Thomas S. Monson

PRESIDENT MONSON MARKS HIS 79TH BIRTHDAY
See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - President Thomas S. Monson, First Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will celebrate his 79th birthday today. "It will be a work day as usual" on his birthday, according to Church spokesman Dale Bills. "Monday evening President Monson and his wife, Frances, plan to celebrate at home with their children and grandchildren."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2006 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 34.7%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 300

Monson S Thomas

Thomas S. Monson has the potential to be our next Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, which means I should probably know more about him. I do enjoy reading his articles and talks, but I have a hard time listening to him. I think he takes the "voice modulation" to extremes, personally.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2006 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,350
Avg: 3.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 99.2%
[+] Gain: 990.48 FP
Charm: 334

Thomas S. Monson Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think he takes the "voice modulation" to extremes, personally.

lol Maybe is just his style *smile. I personally do not feel much identified with his stories of good Utah/Idaho boys.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2007 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Monson S Thomas

PRESIDENT MONSON RECEIVES AWARD FOR LIFETIME OF SERVICE
See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - Nearly 50 years ago, President Thomas S. Monson appointed himself the personal guardian for 87 widows in his ward. All of those women have passed away, and President Monson has spoken at every single funeral of the women he visited for so many years. That attitude of service earned President Monson the Worldwide Humanitarian Award at the Salt Lake Rotary International convention Saturday.

Attached Image
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2008 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,631
Avg: 8.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,245.15 FP
Charm: 329

Monson S Thomas

Here we have the new Prophet since Pres. Hinckley passed away. What direction will the Church go under his leadership? What are your thoughts?

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2008 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,350
Avg: 3.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 99.2%
[+] Gain: 990.48 FP
Charm: 334

Thomas S. Monson

Not really sure. He is a story-teller more than a preacher, it kind of concerns me though due to the amount of evil we all are exposed to on a daily basis. I would expect straightforwardness like Pres. Hinckley in some hot topics rather than what happened to a widow many years ago in a little town in Idaho. But let's see.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2008 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Thomas S. Monson

Name: Guest

Comments: Did not Christ himself teach with stories (parables)?

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2008 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

Diamond Editor
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 865
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.0%
[+] Gain: 225.45 FP
Charm: 44

Thomas S. Monson

I tend to agree with the guest comments and parables. I really don't relate to the Utah stories either but I do learn from his parables/stories. I love the widow story because it shows his compassion and care that we should all have for someone. I am sad at President Hinkley's passing--I think he was a great man. But I have faith that the Lord has need for President Monson and his teachings. I think that there are always people that learn "different" ways.

Post Date: Tue Jan 16, 2018 - 15:28:24 GMT / Post ID: #

History

A pause from Thomas S. Monson to share interesting fact from way back when:
HistoricToday is: 16th January (GMT), in history on the 16th of January, 1967 AD the following birth happened:
Maxine Waters Jones: Rocker (En Vogue)

Guest please SHARE: "Thomas S. Monson" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Sponsored Links:

We may have more on Thomas S. Monson, Search first and if not Start A NEW Topic if Thomas S. Monson is not what you had in mind.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Thomas S. Monson

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

LDS Topics

Current Mormon Deep Discussion from our Community:

Highlights

Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 47 Minutes Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By Opinion 12 Hours Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Pagan 1st Jan, 2018 - 3:45am
UFOs & Nukes: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:01pm
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Chaser 7th Dec, 2017 - 11:41am
Donald Trump & Muslims: Can Trump stop Islamist without aggrevating the Middle East? By Stem 7th Dec, 2017 - 10:51am
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 1st Dec, 2017 - 11:30pm
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By LitRPG 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:42pm
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm
The 9.11 Conspiracy: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 22nd Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm

Updated every: 14 minutes