Coca-cola Causes Cancer

Coca-cola Cancer - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st May, 2007 - 12:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Do you drink Coke? Better beware!
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2006 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Coca-cola Causes Cancer

COCA-COLA SUED, OTHERS SETTLE OVER CANCER-CAUSING BENZENE

A lawsuit filed Friday in Kansas against Coca-Cola Co. alleges that the soft drink maker included ingredients in its beverages that could form cancer-causing benzene.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2006/08/2...-beverages.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2006 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Coca-cola Causes Cancer
A Friend

Cancer Coca-cola

Thats a bit of a misleading addition to the title. Its primarily the Belly-Washers that Coca-Cola makes that have Benzene in it. But even that is a bit of an exaggeration.

"[The FDA] has closely reviewed beverages for the presence of benzene in soft drinks several times in the past and each time has found no public health issue," said spokesman Ray Crockett.

The company is taking the Benzene out of the Belly-Washers, but there is no evidence to say they this causes cancer used in products.

28th Aug, 2006 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Coca-cola Causes Cancer Health & Special Psychology

It's the "measurable" amounts and "above allowable limits" that is the kicker. Apparently the benzene forms with a chemical reaction induced by heat or light.

Independent lab tests found benzene in the BellyWashers beverages at levels above the U.S. limit for benzene in drinking water, according to the lawsuit. ...

The Canadian researchers concluded that for the majority of product samples tested, benzene was not detected or was present in trace amounts too small to reliably measure.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2006 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Coca-cola Causes Cancer
A Friend

Cancer Coca-cola

Coka cola is another of a vastly increasing number of thing witch are said to be carcinogenic. This I feel is most probably inevitable as we discover more and more about the way external influences effect our body. For instance scar tissue is known to be more prone than regular skin to develop into cancer . This is most probably due to disruption of cell reproduction caused by damage to the internal genetic coding of the cells. This can give rise to miscopys witch then can form cancerous growths. This can be applied to any external influence on our bodys even using oxygen to process energy is a cause of long term cumulative damage. Hmm I hope that was what I could remember rather than speculation wink.gif

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2006 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Coca-cola Causes Cancer
A Friend

Cancer Coca-cola

Oh, my! I quit drinking sodas at quite the right time. But then again, by what I have heard many things cause cancer. Smoking, sunlight, now coke; I say let's just live life to the fullest while it lasts, regardless of whether it gives us cancer or not. Why live a life of fear against some disease?

Reconcile Edited: SivanIlius on 16th Sep, 2006 - 3:27am

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2006 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

Coca-cola Causes Cancer
A Friend

Coca-cola Causes Cancer

I don't believe this to be true considering that I have yet to hear about it anywhere that is including my doctor. I am in school for medical assisting and I am sure that we would've heard about it by now.

I have been drinking it for years now and I have no problems whatsoever from it. So I will believe it when it is scientifically proven. cool.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Nov, 2006 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

Coca-cola Cancer

It might not cause cancer, but in a Russian court, it has been convicted of causing a gastrointestinal problem. That is if you drink up to 3 liters a day for 5 years straight.

https://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=...63591291907W552

I am sure that this will catch on in the "lawsuit-happy" US. The thing that gets me is that the prizes you can get from saving caps is not enough to make most inhale the beverage.

Rather off topic, but...
McDonalds better watch out, because that gift that they give children in a "Happy Meal" is just a trick to get the kids hooked on fat!

You know my water tap and bottled water at home doesn't come with a warning that tells me if I drink too much water I can die, but I know that I can. It is a bit of a extreme example, but people really need to be their own keepers.

Post Date: 31st May, 2007 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Coca-cola Cancer Psychology Special & Health

It seems Pepsi is also being targeted in this too.

BENZENE SUIT AGAINST PEPSICO TO GO FORWARD

A lawsuit that alleges soft-drink manufacturers, including PepsiCo, are selling drinks made with ingredients that can form cancer-causing benzene can move forward, a Kansas federal court has ruled.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/05/3...zene-pepsi.html

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Coca-cola Causes Cancer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,