How Can You Not Know It Is Superman?

How Superman - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 6th Apr, 2017 - 4:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2006 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

The similarities between Kent and Superman is only a pair of non-prescription glasses, and a suit of clothes, therefore how can one not know this is the same person? Is everyone in the Daily Planet that gullable and yet able to investigate stories? What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
31st Aug, 2006 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Superman It Not You How

The reason they are "Blind" to the similarity between Kent and Superman is the simple reason that Kent is considered what we call "Nerd", I would go further and even say he is "Goofy" and "Boring". Nobody can not even comprehend seeing a similarity between the two. Kent hardly talks and is shy while Superman is so self-confident.

Nevertheless, it is Hollywood!

25th Jul, 2008 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

How Can You Not Know It Is Superman? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

I agree with above. Clarke does his best to look and behave like a nerd as much as possible so no one would ever think he could be Superman.

25th Jul, 2008 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Superman It Not You How

Other then the first few times you meet some one you not little of their physical appearance unless some thing is very different and that even can take time to sink in.

How we perceive some one is much more then the physical and we often distort what we see by the persons personality and that is why it works so well. If noted it is immediately dismissed as he is a puny nerd.

26th Sep, 2016 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Superman It Not You How

I've actually thought about this before but Krakyn answers it brilliantly by saying that we see people based on their personality and physical appearance. Clarke does just that… makes himself looks like a clumsy goof.

3rd Jan, 2017 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Another consideration is that in one comic it offered the explanation that his glasses is made from that of the glass from his ship as a child, giving of a weak telepathic signal that prevents others from realizing Kent and Superman is the same.

Still, his demeanor and self confidence does offer for a good explanation. That Kent and Superman are just so different, the latter coming off so unassuming while the former stands out so much.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Feb, 2017 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

How You Not It Superman

That reason with the glasses makes sense but I don't remember reading that in the comics is that a recent or retro issue?

6th Apr, 2017 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

How You Not It Superman Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

I would need to get back to you on that, I remember watching a video where it was discussed. It was one of the comics though, I will just need to see if I can find which one.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: How Can You Not Know It Is Superman?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,