Adhd Kids And Depression

Adhd Kids Depression - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Dec, 2022 - 9:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Sep, 2006 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Adhd Kids And Depression

I suppose because of their low self-esteem, children with ADHD tend to suffer more from depression than those kids without ADHD.

international QUOTE
Several well conducted studies have shown that children with ADHD are more likely than others to become depressed at some time during their development. In fact, the risk for developing depression is as much as three times greater than for other children.
A study recently published in the Journal of Affective Disorders (January 1998, 113-122) examined the course of depression in 76 children with ADHD in order to learn more about the relationship between ADHD and depression. The authors were especially interested in whether depression in children with ADHD represents an actual clinical depression, or whether it may be better understood as a kind of "Demoralization" that can result from the day to day struggles that children with ADHD often have..

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2006 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Adhd Kids And Depression
A Friend

Depression Kids Adhd

Being an ADHD kid myself (long, long, long time ago) I agree, I know that I suffered more from depression then any of my friends. My mom always asked me if I am depressed I told her no, I told her I was just thinking. I was ashamed to admit that I was depressed, I don't know why.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2019 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Adhd Kids And Depression Health & Special Psychology

Wearable sensor can detect hidden anxiety, depression in young children. Anxiety and depression in young children are hard to detect and often go untreated, potentially leading to anxiety disorders and increased risk of suicide and drug abuse later. In a new study, researchers showed a wearable sensor detected these 'internalizing disorders' in children with 81 percent accuracy, reducing to 20 seconds what would take clinicians months to diagnose, opening the door to inexpensive screening that could be part of routine developmental assessments. Source 6c.

30th Sep, 2021 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Depression Kids Adhd

Some kids can become depressed when they have adhd. It is not good to be depressed.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2022 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Adhd Kids And Depression
A Friend

Depression Kids Adhd

Also, some people with ADHD may be "Predisposed" to depression. ADHD involves differences in brain chemistry, which may make you more likely to feel depressed. ADHD also often coexists with anxiety and substance abuse. Both can increase the risk of depression.

> TOPIC: Adhd Kids And Depression

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,