Energy Drinks

Energy Drinks - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2017 - 8:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Do they really give you a boost?
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2006 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Energy Drinks

Energy Drinks

Do Energy Drinks really give you an added boost during / after a workout? If so, which one do you use?

Sponsored Links:
20th Sep, 2006 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Drinks Energy

I think these drinks do give you a quick fix solution, but in the long run, you're left with your body pumped with large doses of caffeine, or whatever energy boost that the manufacturers have filled the drink with, and once the affect has worn off, you may find that it has caused you to have a headache, or sudden drain of energy.

I haven't had any of this type of drink for a few years, as I don't think they have a good affect on your body, once the energy rush has one.

21st Sep, 2006 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Energy Drinks Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I don't use them for workouts, but I did once have one on a day when I had to go to an afternoon meeting and I was so tired! I thought I would fall asleep so I bought one and choked down about half of it (they don't taste very good). Wow! The lift was nearly immediate, I attended my meeting successfully (without falling asleep), and there wasn't a harsh let down afterwards. Also, I didn't get the "jitters" at all. I think it was Red Bull or maybe Monster, not really sure which.

Of course, moderation in all things. I wouldn't use these on a regular basis, simply because I'm sure they are just as addictive as other caffeinated products.

Roz

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2007 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Energy Drinks
A Friend

Drinks Energy

I used to drink allot of Red Ribbon the cheap stuff. It was always on offer 5 cans for £1 (around $1.50)
The energy boost was perfect, but the come down afterwards, I really couldn't believe how drained I would feel, since giving up I have become far more active all the time instead of very active some of the time. A move for the best.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Energy Drinks
A Friend

Drinks Energy

You have to watch out when drinking energy drinks. Some energy drinks are actually bad for your body, and when consumed on a daily basis, may cause death. I would strongly advise when drinking an energy drink before a workout, mostly because you 'should' feel fatigue when working out, and that is a good thing. If you must drink an energy drink, I would suggest Gatorade.

Post Date: 6th May, 2011 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Energy Drinks

Energy drinks to go under regulators' microscope

A review of caffeinated energy drink guidelines has been announced on both sides of the Tasman after warnings that the drinks can cause irritability, anxiety and dizziness. Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2017 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Energy Drinks

Why sugary drinks and protein-rich meals don't go well together. Having a sugar-sweetened drink with a high-protein meal may negatively affect energy balance, alter food preferences and cause the body to store more fat. Source 4f.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Energy Drinks
A Friend

Energy Drinks Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Yeah, I try to limit my intake of energy drinks. I'll take one if I'm out of the country doing what I do less and less of, I've been up for a long time, and I'm on a mission. Otherwise, I make do with my natural energy.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Energy Drinks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,