Salt Addiction - Page 3 of 5

A high-salt diet produces dementia in mice. - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 8:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: Are you addicted to salt?
  Yes       30.00%
  No       70.00%
Total Votes: 10
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Best of  Salt Addiction Sodium Addict
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction
A Friend

Salt Addiction - Page 3

You are right Felipe, many people do not read labels and understand the amount of salt they are getting in through regular processed foods. I find it very interesting that people add a lot of alt to food that is already quite high in salt content. Thus I believe there are a lot of people who have a very unhealthy salt addiction. Maybe as time goes on more people will start to realize they are consuming way too much salt.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Addiction Salt

National salt reduction strategy is cost-effective 'best buy' for 183 countries worldwide

A new global study projects that a government-supported intervention to reduce national salt consumption by 10 percent over 10 years would be a highly cost-effective 'best buy' for preventing cardiovascular disease across 183 countries worldwide. Government-supported policy projected to be a highly cost-effective way to reduce salt consumption and gain healthy years lost to cardiovascular disease Ref. Source 3s.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction Health & Special Psychology

Mission control: Salty diet makes you hungry, not thirsty

We've all heard it: eating salty foods makes you thirstier. But what sounds like good nutritional advice turns out to be an old-wives' tale. In a study carried out during a simulated mission to Mars, an international group of scientists has found exactly the opposite to be true. 'Cosmonauts' who ate more salt retained more water, weren't as thirsty, and needed more energy. Ref. Source 9j.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction
A Friend

Page 3 Addiction Salt

This is interesting. I can see the retaining water due to salt content but did not guess that it would make you want to eat more. I tend to eat less if it I have a salty intake of food.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction
A Friend

Addiction Salt

I have to say, I've always wanted something to drink with or right after eating something salty, and I don't usually feel hungry.

Not sure if its just a personal thing, or…

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction
A Friend

Salt Addiction

Really, this is exactly not what happens to me. I'm with Daishain and KN on this. I'm not any hungrier when I eat a salty meal, but I tend to be a lot thirstier.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 18th Apr, 2017 - 8:06pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2017 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction - Page 3

High salt intake associated with doubled risk of heart failure. High salt intake is associated with a doubled risk of heart failure, according to a 12-year study in more than 4,000 people. Source 1w.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

A high-salt diet produces dementia in mice. A high-salt diet reduces resting blood flow to the brain and causes dementia in mice. Source 7r.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Salt Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,