Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites" - Page 8 of 8

Name: Jessica Title: Racist Trinidadians Comments: - Page 8 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Jan, 2018 - 9:57am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 3 31 100 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2012 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites"
A Friend

Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites" - Page 8

For Candie here is a rule of thumb as a "Newbie" to Trinidad and Tobago and that is please stop mentioning about "Race" as you have done in your comments. Start looking at people as people here because if you see people as people and you don't see them as just a collection of nonwhite races then you will treat them as simply people which is how everyone here who is nonwhite wants to be treated.

As for the local whites they are isolationists (many of them though not all). I would not even think of looking at one here for relationship purposes because they may simply classify me as being out of their league in comparison to how they view themselves in the society.

However, I must say that I do get indeed tickled from time to time when I tell foreign whites that the local whites here are considered a minority. You should see the shock on their faces. The shock is there because they are accustomed to seeing nonwhite groups as minorities but in this country it is the reverse.

It is a paradigm shift that some foreign whites cannot indeed handle concerning the local white population in Trinidad and Tobago being considered a minority. Let's just say to see the look on their faces when they are told this is simply as we say priceless. :D

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2012 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Member Member
[?] CPosts: 76
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.0%
[+] Gain: 255.00 FP
Charm: 2

quotWhitesquot Local Syrians Trinidad

Like someone said here, we might be the minority but we're human just like everyone else no big deal because when we bleed we all bleed the same color: red.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2013 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 189
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.7%
[+] Gain: 218.35 FP
Charm: 13

Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites" Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I haven't seen nor interacted much with any member of our local white community for years. The last was a Spanish-french creole historian in the Venezuelan embassy. They seem to be strictly around the Westmoorings, Maraval area and I live in Arouca.

I notice though is that our immigration from Europe & is very static and largely confined to the past (British colonial period) There are lots of expatriates, true but on temporary work permits and working quietly in the society. There is a lack of fresh new faces that the public readily recognizes that brings the Trinidadian into a new relationship with Europeans. What I read about is the old "When the Ganteaumes spoke only to the DeVerteuils" kind of story which is based on colonization and the plantation society which people now reject and scorn (even in Europe) Why do we have to go abroad (unless you work in tourism / petro-chemical industry) to interact with lots of the younger generation of Europeans and whites in general who don't know about slavery. Our social order is based on a very dated concept and it needs to be redefined in the context of a modern Trinidad and Tobago and the wider world.

Attached Image Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2013 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 quotWhitesquot Local Syrians Trinidad

Name: Bill

Comments: What Trinis like to refer to as "White" isn't "White' for other countries at least not in the US. I see them as being colored or "Mixed" like Trinis like to say. I actually don't remember meeting a white Trinidadian at all in my 2 month stay there.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2018 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

quotWhitesquot Local Syrians Trinidad

Name: Jessica

Title: Racist Trinidadians

Comments: I am white, and born in Trinidad, if you have atleast 1 million usd to buy your home in a good area, and go to only certain grocery and areas you can live here. If you love freedom and don't like seeing barbed wires, police with machine guns out, and you can't walk around smiling. Each time I fly out the country I see the mud, and the little terrible place. It's bootleg, dangerous, should be an uninhabited island. I cut ties had business homes plus more from inheritance. The place is basically a swamp with monsters all over. I sold everything and now I feel safe in a first world country. I can walk outside freely talk to neighbors and live quality life.

Guest please SHARE: "Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites"" on:

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 
Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites" Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Trinidad Syrians And Local "Whites"

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

T&T Latest

Current Trinidad & Tobago related Discussion from our Community:

Terrorism In Trinidad & Tobago: Are groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda working in T&T? By News 9th Feb, 2018 - 10:33pm
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By News 5th Dec, 2017 - 4:03pm
Trinidad & Tobago's Crime Problem: Open Discussion on the crime situation in T&T By JoePublic 28th Nov, 2017 - 3:11pm
Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%: Do Trinis understand economics or they do not care? By JoePublic 23rd Nov, 2017 - 10:16am
Trinidad & Tobago Taxation - Tax - Taxes: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 16th Nov, 2017 - 3:50pm
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 6th Nov, 2017 - 1:47pm
Kidnappings in Trinidad: At one time kidnappings for ransom happened almost daily. Its not the case anymore, why? By Extra! 29th Jun, 2017 - 1:43pm
Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 27th Apr, 2017 - 10:49pm
Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago: The way our women are harassed is deplorable, there is no respect for women in T&T! By JoePublic 24th Feb, 2017 - 11:12am
Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 21st Jan, 2017 - 8:56pm
Wearing Camouflage Colors In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By RayTT 17th Oct, 2016 - 2:29pm
Mental Health In Trinidad: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By Felipe 28th Aug, 2016 - 2:17pm