Patrick Manning - Page 6 of 16

Yeah even I laughed at that one. I mean come - Page 6 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2008 - 2:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (16) »
Trinidad Politics Manning A Preacher? This is a general Thread about Prime Minister Patrick Manning and his governance over Trinidad & Tobago.
15th Nov, 2008 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning - Page 6

Rather off topic, but...
Oh boy I ran into that didn't I.

No I don't have the transcripts...If there is one still, I'll be a monkey's uncle..ooops don't mention monkeys dude.

Rather off topic, but...
JB to be honest I just used that one sometime after I registered and just didn't feel to update it. I see your point though, it gives the wrong impression. I'll get on that right away.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Use the OffTopic tags to keep the Discussion relevant.

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2008 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Manning Patrick

Thanks for that forever I don't see anywhere they say anything bad. I heard worst on the radio before!

15th Nov, 2008 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I agree, if he is willing to visit a radio station over that then what will he do next, especially some of those anti-Manning and anti-PNM ones?

15th Nov, 2008 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Manning Patrick

I missed something....oh there it is... heh that was quick. To me it proves that they were both wrong and tis true two wrongs don't make a right. Manning should have been the bigger man and turned the other cheek and be the laughing stock at the next newscast. This was a newscast wasn't it? I still don't see why they needed to say their opinion then. Wait until it was a talk show, then say what you want.
That was the language they used to present the news? No wonder professionalism was mentioned to be lacking at these radio stations? I wonder what is the qualifications to be a radio DJ these days or should I say here in Trinidad? I would like to sit in at one of those job interviews and see who failed, if this is what passed.

15th Nov, 2008 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Manning Patrick

You know what makes this whole situation the most laughable... the fact that it was an underrate, unprofessional broadcast given by a third rate level of radio announcing, BUT the Prime Minister of the country chooses to go in person and address it! That is like passing by a house and seeing a dog a pot hound bark at you in the most distasteful manner, so you stop and stand there trying to argue with the dog. You see, no matter how justified it looks, no matter how 'right' one side is... it still looks ridiculous, but these things are expected in the Banana Republic we live in.

Rather off topic, but...
Come on Lordkyoko, we have pages of Threads here. I want to see you rebuff some of the things in the rest of the Board and TT Crime Board too. Also check your Intro Thread if you have questions.

15th Nov, 2008 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning

I read a letter in the Express that agrees with the Prime Minister storming offices. But will he do it this way? I don't think so....

I fail to understand all the fuss and protest about the Prime Minister busting into the offices of Radio 94.1 FM to challenge their broadcast content. In my view, this could be an encouraging precedent as we hope that he continues to storm other offices to lay down his law. We should now look forward to him barging into the many other offices, some of which are highlighted below

(1) the Ministry of Health: To condemn their negligence towards sick children (and adults) and to promptly fire the heartless, worthless official who sat back and grinned for months in the face of a poor mother pleading for help save her ailing baby. A child's life is of little value-the treasury is loaded, but the Government caters only for luxurious trips, limousines, private jet, berms, an airport in St Vincent etc, etc,

(2) The Ministry of Agriculture: To condemn their relentless pursuit towards the eradication of the agricultural and food-producing sector, and to get rid of the minister (does anyone know who he is?) whose only claim to agricultural knowledge is what a balisier plant looks like.

(3) The Ministry of Works and Transport: To insist that the Minister drive from Chaguanas to Port-of-Spain and back every day for a month to witness the countless hours of torture and frustration that commuters endure daily (no driving on shoulder, please). By then the said minister will admit that he is hopeless failure and will resign forthwith

(4) The Ministry of Finance: To condemn the arrogant and illogical mindset of the relevant ministers who think that blowing billions of dollars on project overruns, tall buildings and useless conferences, even in the face of a looming recession, is more important than regulating food prices and runaway inflation...

For the rest of the letter: Source 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2008 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning - Page 6

Sometimes you have to wonder if this man thinks the entire population of this country is made of idiots. He is saying now that he does not live an extravagant life. Imagine, this coming from the same man that built a 100 million dollar residence and uses a private jet to go to Guyana. But that's not all....

He has asked citizens to tighten their belts in the face of tough economic times but Prime Minister Patrick Manning yesterday said he lives an un-extravagant lifestyle and if he tightened his own belt "it will reach my spine".

As he drove through his San Fernando East constituency, on a tour of flood-affected districts, in a silver Mitsubishi Pajero, worth an estimated $500,000, Manning told reporters, during one of his stops, that he is not a man of excess.

23rd Nov, 2008 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Patrick Manning Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 6

Yeah even I laughed at that one. I mean come on half a mil is not excessive, is it? Seems the ole Patrick is intent on repeatedly putting his foot in his mouth (like his good friend Bas) until his shoe chokes him. Oh well back to putting another hole in my belt to tighten. Think my holes are getting too close to the buckle now.... There maybe hope yet.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. As an example "2" should not be substituted for "to" or "u" for "you". See Constructive Posting Policy.

> TOPIC: Patrick Manning

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,