Self-denial Or Narcicism

Self-denial Narcicism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th Jul, 2010 - 10:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Which One Is Worse?
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2006 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Self-denial Or Narcicism
A Friend

Self-denial Or Narcicism

Self-denial Or Narcicism

Well the topic title is self-evident and I always wondered which one is the worse extreme.

Keywords: Narcissism (correct spelling), Narcisism

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2006 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Narcicism Self-denial

I think extreme narcissism is worse because it implies complete selfishness which is harmful to people other than the narcissist. Extreme self denial is harmful to the individual but doesn't necessary harm others, except in their loss of you as a whole and healthy person.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2006 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Self-denial Or Narcicism
A Friend

Self-denial Or Narcicism Health & Special Psychology

Neither self-denial nor narcissism is necessarily good or bad in and of itself. The results of exercising them to a greater or lesser extent depends on their strengths relative to the balance of all other factors in an individual's mental make up, which includes temperament, intelligence, and character.

Self-denial may be nothing more than a constructive altruism that works to the benefit of others and is considered a positive characteristic.

Narcissism is necessary to the extent that it serves the instinct of self-preservation, and only when it is exercised at the expense of all other characteristics and concerns, overriding normative care for others, does it become disablingly pathological.

The mark of a well-rounded personality is balance in all things, with no one characteristic having so much weight that it obscures other characteristics that prevent the integration of the personality as a whole.

As Kung Fu Chi was heard to remark, "Evil is too much or too little."

Reconcile Edited: CapnMoroni on 18th Oct, 2006 - 2:19am

18th Oct, 2006 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

Narcicism Self-denial

Well yes but the question was, "Which is the worse in the extreme.?" Self denial in the extreme is more than constructive altruism because if we can't take care of ourselves first, then we will not be able to take care of others. If exercised at the expense of all other characteristics and concerns, as you say, which in your opinion is worse?

18th Oct, 2006 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Narcicism Self-denial

I think Narcissism is worst because of the same reasons Valla explained. I think both of them are bad, but the narcissist is so focus on himself/herself that it affects those around him/her. By the other hand, it seems like the person who suffers of self-denial tends to serve others more and forgetting herself.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2006 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Self-denial Or Narcicism
A Friend

Self-denial Or Narcicism

Self-denial can in itself, be a form or narcissism. I believe that in many cases this is the case. One often becomes engrossed with how much he denies himself, how much he goes with out, and in many cases, how pious he has thus become. Thus self-denial and narcism are not necessarily opposites, but are simply on different plains.

Ultimately, this means that narcism is the worse of extremes between the two because narcism can encompass both, then it becomes a trait that can effect many different types of people. Self denial for the purpose of being seen as someone who denies self is incredibly narcissistic and lacks the principles that make self-denial beneficial.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2006 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Self-denial Or Narcicism
A Friend

Self-denial Narcicism

Well the reason I placed this topic on the board, is because I am accused of extreme self-denial. I work on Amnesty stuff for hours on end and my self-denial can amount to human rights violations on my part. Because of school, I don't work so much on it, but in the summer I worked for an average of 12 hours straight, from June to August.

I hope self-denial in this case is not construed as narccisim. "Oh,look how altrusic I am, so I am wonderful".

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2010 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Self-denial Narcicism Psychology Special & Health

Name: Ted

Comments: Narcissism has to be the worst between the two. Nothing worst that being around a person so full of themselves.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Self-denial Or Narcicism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,