Dow Jones Record - Page 7 of 47

If you look at the historical data for the - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 1:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 47 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (47) »
U.S.A. US Stock Market
29th Oct, 2008 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

Dow Jones Record - Page 7

Did you see that rally today? Wowzers! How exciting smile.gif The "talk" says we'll go up to 10,000 --- -maybe even 11,000! ---- before it starts to slide again after the elections.

I love this stuff.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2008 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Dow Jones Record
A Friend

Record Jones Dow

I love it when the market shoots up like it did yesterday. That means my money is recovering. The only thing I do not like is all these 3 digit ups and downs we seem to be having.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2008 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Dow Jones Record
A Friend

Dow Jones Record History & Civil Business Politics

They have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. I think it is coming to an end. People aren't looking at the job losses in manufacturing. The very backbone of the economy. I am surprised it is still floating.

They will get the reports from the department stores after christmas and I don't think they will be good. It might be enough to do the economy in. I really hope we got another 2 to 4 years though. I am afraid that is just not realistic though.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 29th Oct, 2008 - 9:09pm

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2008 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Dow Jones Record
A Friend

Page 7 Record Jones Dow

I think it will be enough to see what is going to happen here the day after thanksgiving when most retail stores have their best day. IF that is a down day that could answer a lot of questions. These triple digit days are getting to a person who follows this all the time.

31st Oct, 2008 - 5:32am / Post ID: #

Record Jones Dow

The analysts I read regularly (Landry... Goulding... Ure... those Elliot Wave guys, etc.) are predicting a bounce, possibly up to as high as 10 - 11,000 in the next couple of months... then a big drop after the first of the year, maybe in the spring, will come the major slide down to Dow 770 (yes, that's seven-hundred-seventy). One guy got all of his clients OUT of the market when it was at 13,000 and into bonds and treasury notes. He says it's not about making money right now but preservation of capital.

Me? I don't have enough money to worry about losing it smile.gif

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2008 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Dow Jones Record
A Friend

Dow Jones Record

will come the major slide down to Dow 770

Wow, that is some prediction. Does the economy exist at all when it is that low? Some would argue that it doesn't exist now. It puts consumption at about 10% of what it is now.

I guess people would say then would be the time to buy, but I don't think the next economy that rises from the ashes will be a consumption based one. We all might be rich in 10 years if you use common sense and pursue substance that has real value.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 31st Oct, 2008 - 2:43pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2008 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Dow Jones Record
A Friend

Dow Jones Record - Page 7

If the dow does fall that hard and that fast I am sure that I will survive. I know most of my stocks will continue to be around even if it crashes.

2nd Nov, 2008 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Dow Jones Record Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

If you look at the historical data for the DJIA, it's only been about 20 years since it rose over 1,000. It's not that difficult to imagine it under that level again.

Greenspan called it "irrational exuberance" back in the 90's tech bubble. That mindset has never really backed off, even after the mini-crash of 2000.

Sure, Klar, your stocks will still be around -- at least on paper. But they may be only worth papering your dining room.

> TOPIC: Dow Jones Record

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,