International Discussions Front

International Discussions Front - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 20th Jun, 2008 - 2:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

31st Oct, 2006 - 8:05am / Post ID: #

We used to have https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com act as a redirect domain, which is to say that when someone entered that domain in their browser it would redirect them to the portal page for the Community (a bordeglobal.com page). However, that has now changed.

We have redesigned https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com to act as a main domain that instead redirects to various parts of the Community. The page is meant to be simple so you can access what you want when you want rather than be bogged down by lots of information.

Later I plan to use that section to highlight major Topics. If there are any links or things you would like to see on this front page then please post it here. I am also interested to know if this page is more useful to you than meeting the Portal right away.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2006 - 10:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Front Discussions International

It sounds like a good idea. I wasn't to keen on the separation of "internationaldiscussions.com" and "internationaldiscussion.com" but that grew on me eventually. I think this could end up being better than the portal page. Can't wait to see it, when is it supposed to be implemented?

6th Nov, 2006 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

International Discussions Front Feedback & FAQ News Community

QUOTE (Konquererz)
Can't wait to see it, when is it supposed to be implemented?

Well, the front is implemented ( https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com ), but I have not focused yet on the separate pages for Topic links. I'm looking for feedback first on the simplicity of the front which blends in with the Plain Skin.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2007 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How about a section for current events? Rather than forcing us to try and find a thread to discuss a recent news article, we could post a thread about that current news item and then try to get discussion going on that point. The threads would naturally expire (say after 7 days of no posting activity) so it did not clutter the place.

Advantages

* We don't "force" a news article into an existing thread that is not directly on point, e.g., forcing a discussion of a journalist's impressions with a Hamas leader onto a thread dealing with Hamas politics

* Current topics do not stay in the forum unless people are really interested in them

* New people don't have to read 50 posts from the year 2005 in discussing an event that happened yesterday

* Thread headlines are more relevant and would catch the eyes of people better, also allowing for better Google results. For example, I found this place because someone created a thread on blessing animals. Had this thread been "buried" in a discussion about priesthood blessings, I may never have found this place (with lower Google results).

27th Aug, 2007 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog, you seem to be posting off shoot messages all over the place today. This Thread is about https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com entrance or the front page cosmetics of the Community as was mentioned in the first Post.

Rather off topic, but...
As for your other 'suggestions', they are there for a reason and are not about to change. Please read the FAQ or the Feedback Board Threads to understand how things are done here. I also suggest that if you are unsure about something that you utilize your Intro Thread rather than posting off topic messages to me all over the place.

20th Jun, 2008 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Our Community Domain now has it's own stock market ticker so you can get the up with the most popular stocks when you visit our home page. To see what I am talking about just click 'HOME' at the top left of any page of the Community or Click Here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: International Discussions Front

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,