LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews

Lds Mature Section Requirements Reviews - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Feb, 2008 - 12:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
Mormon Mature
Review - Is getting access to the LDS Mature section worth fulfilling the requirements? Find out what those who have LDS Mature status are saying about the LDS Mature Board. Topics that are too sensitive for the Public LDS Board are ONLY Discussed in the LDS Mature Board.
1st Nov, 2006 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section

NOTE: Former LDS Mature Board Topics are being moved to the PUBLIC Mormon Discussion Board so this Thread is NO LONGER relevant and there are no more requirements.

I can't tell you the amount of times I have seen Guests and Regular Members trying to access the LDS Mature Section. They often miss the requirements for entry (located in the Read Me Thread on this Board) which are:

Absolute Requirements LDS Mature Section

1. You are an LDS Member

2. You are posting regular in the Public LDS Boards and have shown that you have a sound understanding of the Gospel. If you are truly here to Discuss Doctrine and not merely her for curiosity then it should be easy. (No longer required)

3. You have given a Donation of $10 or more Donate Now

4. I believe you are 'mature' enough to see the information therein. I determine this by relevant input you put in the Public LDS Board. (No longer required)

Now with that said I am giving a chance to those who do have access to the LDS Mature section to place a review here for the benefit of those who may be thinking of Upgrading to also participate / view that Board.

NOTE: Please do not start actual Discussions about Mature issues here.

See: Someone tries to argue that they should have free access

What Topics are in the LDS Mature Section:

Here is a list of SOME Topics within the Mature Section (these Topics are NOT to be Discussed within the public LDS Deep Doctrine Board), specific Thread names have been withheld:

* Plural Marriage - Then & Now
* Seeking Christ's Face
* Fundamentalists
* s-xual Relations - Various Types
* Heinous Crimes
* Blacks & The Priesthood
* Re-Baptism
* Power Within Women
* God-Adam Theory
* Temple
* Blood Atonement
* Future of America - Political Angles
* Abuse - All Kinds
* Possible Prophecy
* LDS View on Transsexuals (and related Topics)

NOTE: You also get access to our LDS Downloads section.

You Can Lose LDS Mature Status

To help keep the LDS Mature Section secure we have implemented an activity feature that monitors participation. Basically if you do not utilize the Mature LDS Board then access to there will be REMOVED from your account regardless to your having made a donation. You can re-apply by contacting Admin but you will have to show - You are interested in keeping LDS Mature Status by being active, this mean you will be required to make several Posts in the Public LDS Board BEFORE contacting Admin. Once LDS Mature Status is giving you will necessarily be required to Post within the LDS Mature Board or your status will be removed and may not be renewed. Yes, we are serious about this, please act accordingly.

Sponsored Links:
1st Nov, 2006 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Reviews and Requirements Section Mature LDS

This is one of my favorite boards on the whole forum. We cover a lot of great and deep topics in detail and we discuss it openly and straight to the point. I have learnt so many things within this board and I changed my mind in a lot of issues concerning Church doctrine and Church history.

In this board you will learn a lot of things that probably you never heard of and that may change your life in one way or another. We do not discuss the basic principles of the Gospel or things you hear in Sunday School. If you feel you are ready spiritually to greater doctrines and your faith is strong, I definitely recommend the LDS Mature Board.

12th Nov, 2006 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews Studies Doctrine Mormon

Considering the number of my posts that are in the Mature section, I guess I can honestly say that the Mature LDS board is my favorite.

And I am thrilled that more people will be participating here.

Update:
I wasn't paying enough attention when I posted this. I was thinking that this topic actually was IN the mature section. So, my assumptions about the readers was wrong.

For those that don't know, I am not an orthodox Mormon. I am probably not all that unusual, in that I think there are a lot of Mormons out there who believe many of the things that I do. I am not afraid to express my opinion, though, even if it meant that I would face church discipline.

Within the mature section, I freely express my opinions on a wide variety of subjects. Some of those opinions would, and have, angered other Mormons. Some of them would, and have, given "ammunition" to people who want to tear down the Church.

I love to discuss these types of subjects, as the discussions have made me clearly define some of my opinions and beliefs, and have made me search out documentation to support my stance on several subjects.

Hence my earlier statement that the Mature LDS board is probably my favorite on the forum.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 12th Nov, 2006 - 10:13pm

13th Nov, 2006 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

I've definitely learned a great deal in the Mature LDS section. Some of my beliefs have been challenged to the point where I have had to do some deep thinking and serious study to understand what it was I believed in the first place, which helped me define who I really am. After being inactive for many years, that was something I really hadn't spent a lot of time on. So to be helped along in that way was very good for me.

How many of us just go about our lives, comfortably doing what we know is right, but never really challenging ourselves to progress? Some of the topics here have a way of poking in uncomfortable places, spiritually speaking, but it's a great way to be motivated to find out more.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2006 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I agree strongly with Farseer, in that it fosters spiritual growth, because of the topics discussed that make you think about your faith. I have learned alot about myself, and the church, and it has helped me strengthen my testimony.
Prayer, study, and open discussions with fellow saints is my idea of fun.

25th Jul, 2007 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

I would like to thank those of you who did DONATE and gave your support to the work here. We are happy that you DO APPRECIATE the work we do here and the content that we provide. I say this because it seems there are those who like to trample on things not knowing from whence it came, how it got here or the toil that went into it.

To use an analogy, there are certain 'types' on the net that claim to be LDS and they are probably also the types that will walk in Deseret Book Store, declare that the Gospel should be free (because it is related to priestcraft if you write something and charge for it) and then immediately take up some books and walk out with it - so silly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Oct, 2007 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

I have updated the first post in this Thread based on a recent request by a Member who wanted to know which Topics are covered in the Mature Section that cannot be started in the Public LDS Deep Doctrine Board. The list is partial, needless to say if a Topic is started in this Board that is already being Discussed in the LDS Mature Section then the Thread will be locked and you will directed accordingly.

20th Feb, 2008 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews Mormon Doctrine Studies

I was just wondering why this forum is called "LDS Deep Doctrine" if you have a mature LDS forum too? Doesn't that mean that this forum isn't all that deep after all?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,