Are Trinis Thin Skinned?

Are Trinis Thin Skinned - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th Nov, 2006 - 5:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th Nov, 2006 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Are Trinis Thin Skinned?

Are Trinis Thin Skinned?

Do you find that Trinis are Thin Skinned? In other words they are quick to use the word "offended" or just because you show them a better way they take it as a personal attack? What are your feelings on the subject?

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2006 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Skinned Thin Trinis Are

In my dealings with Trinidadians, I can say without a doubt in my mind that they are very thin-skinned. In the beginning I thought it was only "bad luck", you know...you meet a couple of people and you do not want to think lots of them are like that but gosh, they are quick to get offended for the most silliest of the reasons (one is just to accept counsel or suggestions, they are not good at that at all! Hmmm maybe an issue of pride?) I have experienced this 'I am offended" thing that I just cannot stand the word "offended" anymore. It truly makes me sick.

The interesting thing about it is that most people get offended to one point or another about something someone said but Trinis publicized it...meaning they actually say "I am offended" and everybody must be involved. Ridiculous.

Usually, when a person gets offended...they put faces or they get angry but Trinis say the actual words "I am offended". I have experienced this many times to the point that I get very frustrated when I hear someone saying they are "offended" when they are not even talking about them! Gee, talk about emotional immaturity.

If any of you have doubts on what I am saying, just check this Trini board and you will see what I am talking about. *laugh*

Now that you (Trini to the bone) are reading this, don't tell me that you got offended! or did you? rolleyes.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 14th Nov, 2006 - 1:29pm

14th Nov, 2006 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Are Trinis Thin Skinned? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

QUOTE (LDS_forever)
Now that you (Trini to the bone) are reading this, don't tell me that you got offended! or did you?

There is a saying, "The truth is always taken hard". Most Trinis never like to come to terms with the way things really are. It is like an alcoholic - they do not want to be told that they should stop drinking and they need to change their life, no, they get upset with you because they know better while at the same time his liver is being damaged beyond repair!

I would say that MOST of the Threads here are an example of this and a very few see the reality because they are intelligent enough to make the difference. What is more is even if they (the intelligent ones) have a difference of opinion, they know the Art of Discussion; Cookie is a good example of that.

15th Nov, 2006 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Skinned Thin Trinis Are

they know the Art of Discussion

I think this is the key point. It is not really about the disagreement (after all how boring it would be if we all agree) but the quick response of "I am offended" when something does not go their way. I came to despise the word "offended" because is often so misused for "You know what? I am angry at what you are saying and I do not agree". Fine if you do not agree, but don't get frustrated when people do not think the way you do. wink.gif

> TOPIC: Are Trinis Thin Skinned?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,