Manning Population Control Advice

Manning Population Control Advice - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Nov, 2006 - 4:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Expert advice: No sex and more television
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2005 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

FORGET SEX, WATCH TV

Forget sex and watch television to control the number of children you have. That was the personal advice Prime Minister Patrick Manning had for residents of Thompson Gardens, Tarouba, who last week protested for better living conditions. "Our view is that you should only have the number of children you could support," he told the residents, mainly relocated squatters, at a cottage meeting in the area on Monday night. Manning shared with residents the fact that he was the father of two boys "and they are costing me a fortune to upkeep".
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=96371749

Sponsored Links:
17th Aug, 2005 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Advice Control Population Manning

This is a real laugh and shows the lack of insight by our leadership. Okay, so let us say that for some unknown reason the squatters in our society decide to take in more television until they fall asleep then what happens when they get into bed? Not to mention that you got to have quality programmes that would make you want to stay up to watch it in the first place. Lastly, let us say that squatters decided to watch television for 29 days and only have sex for one day in each month, then I wonder, how many babies could still come each year from the practise. My resolve on this... before opening mouth please engage brain. Decides, all that you see on television, including the commercials is some kind of connotation towards sex.

18th Aug, 2005 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Manning Population Control Advice Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Here is some followup to the above:

Prime Minister Patrick Manning's advice to residents of his constituency, to practise birth control by watching more television and having less sex, has been condemned by the residents.

And also:

Prime Minister Patrick Manning's advice that people ought to forget sex and watch television as a means of birth control is without substance and has no bearing on the situation.

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2005 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

I Was Only Joking

PRIME Minister Patrick Manning said he was only joking...

At a cottage meeting at the Fonclaire Pan Theatre on Dottin Street in San Fernando on Thursday evening, Manning said an attempt was made (by the media) to create discord between himself and the various women's organisations in the country.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=97110628

14th Nov, 2006 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

In follow-up to this Thread I have found that there are a lot of people that think like this: do not have children. I have also found that some people become irate with you if you talk about wanting to have many children.

14th Nov, 2006 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

I have experienced this many times. Many people in all seriousness asked me: "Why do you want to have more?" like if I wanted to commit some sort of crime. In one occasion talking with a young married woman about it, she told me that the reason for it is that Trinidadians value a lot Education and if you have many kids is unrealistic that you will be able to send them all of them to college. Then I asked her: And how many of the people you know who do not have many kids have sent their kids actually to college? No reply. Then I said: That's what I thought, just an excuse.

Then a co-worker told me that it is because women want to work outside the home and if they have too many kids, they cannot do that and the husband would have to be the only provider. And I said: "And what's wrong with that if they can afford it?" She looked at me in total amazement and said: "Are you serious? No man ain't going to tell ME how to spend my money!". Such a gem. spock.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Manning Population Control Advice

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,