Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 4 of 6

Name: Vanmuzzy Comments: It depends on what - Page 4 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 2nd May, 2010 - 11:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Muslim Tattoo
Body Identification
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2009 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam
A Friend

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 4

Bismillah

Shiites obtain their religious rulings from Ayatollah Sistani and he certainly doesnt forbid tattoos

Karbala, does Ayatollah Sistani base his ruling on Quran and Sunnah?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2009 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: Hamza

Comments: As long as the tattoo is not vulgar it should be OK. If you want to address a message to God or someone you love, I don't think Allah will send you to hell for that. I've seen many people praying 5 times a day but they do bad deeds, gossip and lie. Where I've seen many wonderful people with Tattoos may I add, help people, moderately pray, not really occupied with ruining other peoples' lives..I don't know I rather have a tattoo and be a good human being than pray 5 times a day and kill other Muslims.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2009 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam Islam Studies

Name: Sly

Comments: comment: I m a Muslim by the grace of Almighty Allah and what I perceive is getting a tattoo is nothing bad. The ink is injected in the second layer of the skin and after a couple of days the upper layer heals up so we can offer our prayers. Mostly people think that after getting a tattoo they cannot say their prayers but they always can and I feel it is sort of an improvised method to prominent your personality and its becoming very common day by day.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2009 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: lqmn

Comments: I'm a Muslim, and there are some who say that it is Forbidden. But in my own opinion, I'm not sure about Haram or Halal about Tatoo. Maybe its Mubah, maybe its Makruh. But to say that its Haram that is up to you.
The base for people that forbid tattoo are Hadist not Quran. Yes Hadist can be a source of law, but Hadist can be questionable. Beside those that explain the meaning of verses in Quran, most Hadist was written hundred of years after the death of Muhammad SAW.
And for those who learn the history of Islam those times are full of intrigue and politics from the ruler after the prophet. Hadist only passed mouth by mouth before it is written by Bukhari and other scholars. Many are twisted, changed and added Islamic rulers to suit their goals and needs. As Quran can't be manipulated because it is written only hadist can be manipulated.

Its up to you wether if you want to have tattoo or not. But I think its better if you are a muslim to have it in a place that is not too visible when you have clothes because when you go want to go to Hajj or goes to Middle East those thing can bring serious problem if its seen and especially when they know that you are a Muslim.

19th Dec, 2009 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Tattoos are sin in Islam, and the evidence was provided by an eariler post by "Muslimah"

international QUOTE
"The Messenger of Allah blessing and peace be upon him cursed the woman who connects hair to other women, the woman who seeks someone to connect hair to her hair, the professional woman of making tatoo and the woman who seeks services of others to make tatoos".

The Hadith is surely one of the sources that we get verdicts from as in Quran:

international QUOTE ([59:8)
]"...And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it[3022]; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain from that. And fear Allah; surely, Allah is Severe in retribution."

Hadith is the Sunna of the prophet Muhammed and it's right it wasn't written till later but it wasn't just wroten by wishes of who wrote the Hadith there were rules to get confident that the source of Hadith is reliable,that the sequence of people who said the Hadith to each other is right and they were reliable as well as the source , that there weren't any missing links in the series of the narrators or something that doesn't make sense like someone died before the birth of the next narrator of the series and if all of these rules are checked then the Hadit is called"Sahih" means that it's reliable and we have to take what it says. And about being a sin it's not about it prevents water subsequently preventing praying it's mainly about the manipulation in God's creation.

About Shiites,I am from Sunnah so I don't know how is this for them and in general there are plenty of differences between Shiites and Sunnah so I can't really judge by their rules.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

19th Dec, 2009 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

From this Thread alone it seems there is clear definition on Tattoos in Islam and it rests mostly with your school of thought based on the teachings of the line you follow.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2010 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam - Page 4

Name: Ren

Comments: I don't know what kind of Muslim would get a tattoo and think it's not forbidden, because it most certainly is.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2010 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam Studies Islam - Page 4

Name: Vanmuzzy

Comments: It depends on what school of thought you are in, on whether tattoos are aloud in islam.

For Sunni's tattoos are FORBIDDEN, under both Bukhari and Muslim.

It was narrated that Abu Juhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

international QUOTE
"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does tattoos, the one who has a tattoo done, the one who consumes riba (usury or interest) and the one who pays it, and he forbade the price of a dog and the earnings of a prostitute, and he cursed the image-makers."

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5032).

However, in the Shia school of thought, hadeeth are much more checked over, and it was said that all the hadeeth on tattoos are unreliable. According to Sestani, and many other mujtahids, it is LAWFUL (aloud), and even quranic writings and such as they do not stop wudhu water from reaching the skin; the tattoos are under the skin.

THEREFORE, if you are a Shi'a, you may get a tattoo, and if you are a Sunni, than it is unlawful

Source 1: Sestani
Source 2: Bukhari

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,