Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 2 of 6

Name: Tariq Comments: I'm a Muslim - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 10:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Muslim Tattoo
Body Identification
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2007 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 2

Name: AbuMaalik

Comments: Tattooing, in which the skin is pierced with a needle and a blue or other coloured dye is injected, is haraam in all forms, whether it causes pain or not, because it involves changing the creation of Allaah, and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does tattoos and the one for whom that is done. In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that "Abd-Allaah ibn Mas"ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah." (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538

With regard to all these matters, the ahaadeeth testify that the one who does them is cursed and that they are major sins. There is some difference of scholarly opinion as to the reason why they are forbidden. It was said that it is because they are a form of deception, and it was said that it is because it is a way of changing the creation of Allaah, as Ibn Mas"ood said - which is more correct and also includes the first meaning. And it was suggested that what is forbidden is only that which is permanent, because that is changing the creation of Allaah; as for that which is not permanent, such as kohl which used for adornment by women, that is permitted by the scholars. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 5/393).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th May, 2008 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: Amine

Comments: The information given about the fact that tattoo in the Muslim community will cause death. That's very wrong statement and very misleading.As being a Muslim from morocco where 98% is Muslim.My great grandmother have tattoos all over her body. Nowadays there modern tattoo shops in morocco like her in the USA and girls go over there to have tattoos in their body on private areas like underneath the back and it's shown to the public with the string underwear. I think is very attractive

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2008 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam Islam Studies

Name: Thaania

Comments: I'm Muslim would love to get a tattoo. Which schools of thought in Islam do not prohibit tattoos? I am doing research in an attempt to set my mind at ease if I do go ahead with my plan.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2008 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: Malik

Comments: Yea, I'm Muslim and it isnt against the religion. It depends what the art work is about.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2008 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: David

Comments: I cannot provide pictures, I'm about to leave for jum'ah and am somewhat pressed on time, but allahuakbar! I am not well-researched, but I have observed many opinions. Do not take my word as scholarly and should I be wrong may Allah requite me what I may deserve.

I believe, when you see people with large tattoos and other ornamental tattoos, these are haram. However, something such as small text, perhaps a crescent, or something, I believe is makrooh at best.

for those who may not be familiar with what I speak of, in America there are people that have many large tattoos covering at least 20% of their arm and sometimes almost all of it. It may also be on their neck, their back, chest, legs, shoulders, etc
These I believe are too much alteration, and body alteration is haram. However a small simple tattoo, I believe, is really hard to look at and consider it "body modification"

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2008 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

Name: Majed

Comments: Well I don't really know about killing those who get tattoos on spot, but who ever does it whether in Iraq or outside in relation to Islam is wrong, Islam has stated specific reasons for applying the sentence of death and tattooing isn't one of them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2008 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam - Page 2

Name: Izzy

Comments: I'm a Muslim and Sunni..I badly want to do a tattoo on my lower back,for my own satisfaction. I've read lots of articles on this argument(Whether its forbidden in Islam to have tattoo or not) ..Is it really prohibited in Islam to do a tattoo? Does it affect our wudhu or prayers,in terms of do our prayers accepted by Allah if we have tattoo?)I read its actually allowed in Shiiah to have one..Maybe someone can help me clear out my doubt, becausse I know sooner or later I will have one.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam Studies Islam - Page 2

Name: Tariq

Comments: I'm a Muslim United States Marine and I am a moderate practicing Muslim. I do have a question,however, my unit unofficially requires me to get the marine corps ensigna on my bicep with my unit,etc. Is this permissible?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,