JPatt Introduction - Page 2 of 23

Thanks for inquiring. Probably it has been - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 29th Oct, 2009 - 11:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »
USA RPGer / Colorful Writer - He says "My Boss Told Me To Put Something In This Post."
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,015
Flag Posts: 51,672
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.40 FP
Charm: 394

JPatt Introduction - Page 2

I wish I could have live sessions, in fact we were planning on doing that with a program, but not sure if we would have the time. The next best thing we have is table top online. We use the Forum to communicate, we have dice and GM. In addition to that we have 30 other RPGs here. Check the Dragon to the top left to see the various kinds. In any case I enjoy your colorful writing style and glad you can join us enjoy!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.5%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

Introduction JPatt

Yah I haven't played a "live" or realtime tabletop RPG in quite a while, and while I miss it, in some ways I enjoy running small forum RPs almost as much.

Though I'm running one right now for a handful of people, and will need to write myself a PHP die roll program (due to my own variation of Wushu I use), I might try one of those PbP communities some other time, which include a die-roller built into the forum, because except for a few GM-only rolls, I'm happy with letting the players make their own rolls for combat and tasks and such.

I've looked through the "Medeival" FAQs and some rules and such, and while it's obvious a lot of work has gone into it and a lot of people enjoy it, it's a bit too "micro-managey" for my taste, plus I'm more in a GMish mood for the foreseeable future. Plenty to read though, in RPG and other forums on the site.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 355
Flag Posts: 870
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.8%
[+] Gain: 85.65 FP
Charm: 9

JPatt Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Oh come on, just admit it, you dont want the embarassment of getting your two thumbs strung up by the nails while some grey orcs make fun of you singing "He's a GM, he's a GM!".

Just kidding, welcome to this place.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 8th Feb, 2008 - 2:43am
Signature: If we die... It will be for GLORY, not gold.
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.8%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

Page 2 Introduction JPatt

Hey Jpatt you've been registered here awhile so I thought you like knew the ropes. Just ask any questions you have about how this place works and I'll try to explain. Just for the heads up I'll just say that in the member wars board you can basically join or start anything you want its super open. If you want to join in JB's medieval game which is like totally cool you have to be active and have 30 posts. You have like only 1% so wow you might like have to stay with member wars area for now. If you post a lot then your activity rises. I post around to keep mine up.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Introduction JPatt

Thank you for your reply, I have to admit I'm very inconsistent with posting here, I post a little bit "everywhere", and only have a couple of mainstay websites, most of which I'm a moderator for or own, so I'm not intimately familiar with a lot of the way things are done here in all the forums, and apparently am woefully unfamiliar with the QUOTE and OFFTOPIC issue - this is, not complaining just observing, the strictest QUOTE/OFFTOPIC forum enforcement I have ever seen, so that might take a little bit to get used to it.

But I'm still not sure on the D&D game, do I just make a character along with everyone else when it comes time, or do you all have characters already or what? Are there different steps or do we follow along with K's examples in that same thread or?

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction

Jpatt, here is a tip, forget "everywhere" and just stick with the one true Constructive Community on the net wink.gif. Now that my moment of advertising is done let me explain the Quote and Offtopic tags for you.

Use Quote tags for ANYTHING that is not your personal text, it should also show a source.

Use Offtopic tags for ANYTHING not related to the subject of the Thread. However you can't place a post only in the off topic, it should be a 'by the way' message.

Reason for these rules is to stop plagiarism, and also define what is your text and who you are referring to. Please have a look here: Source 1 for how / when to use these tags.

international QUOTE (Jpatt)
But I'm still not sure on the D&D game, do I just make a character along with everyone else when it comes time,

KNtoran runs that, he wants everyone to create their character in the Thread he indicated. You create it and then just post it there. I think he gives an example.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 7:43am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction - Page 2

I appreciate the personal catching me up on some of the ins and outs here, works for me, thanks. =)

At the moment I think I get the gist of the tags, though now a link to a diceroller has been removed from a post in the RPG forum, which I found useful for online rolling of dice to facilitate character creation, as not everybody has a handful of dice sitting around. I really don't care one way or the other, since I'm using it for my purposes and that's the important thing for me, it just seemed like it would be something that could be useful for other players in an RPG section.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 29th Oct, 2009 - 7:56am

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Thanks for inquiring. Probably it has been a long time since you Registered so you do not remember the Rules / Posting Policy which is rigidly enforced by Moderators here, so you may wish to look it over: Source 7 or here Source 5

The box at the Top of this Board has a list of common questions asked, these links are there too. Moderators will remove links that have nothing to do with a Topic, linking is usually allowed only as a reference to source material - for instance you are quoting a news article and need to show where you got the source info from. It is not allowed to say - oh by the way check this or look at my site or here is this cool thing I found. Your wanting to show something elsewhere may be well intended but once others see one person doing it everyone begins doing it because they have these habits from other sites. We try to keep a no favoritism policy here so that everyone abides by the same policy. I do recommend looking over the links I gave you though in case you missed anything.

As for dice we actually have two sets of dice rollers in house. Now that AD&D is underway with Member Wars I will make one available for the players there too (thanks for the reminder). Usually anything that is needed here I code it rather than send Members elsewhere to get it.

By the way, with your colorful writing skills you may like to participate in this play by post RPG: Source 1 which allows you to truly show off your literacy skills which you seem to have a good command over. It is set in present day and you act out a character that you create. What you say in the story is based on the first Post in the Thread and your mission is to out do the others by being the most Charismatic. After five pages there is a vote to say who everyone liked the most in the story and you are awarded points.

Blog Read My Blog
+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: JPatt Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,