JPatt Introduction - Page 4 of 23

Congratulations Jpatt, you have been voted - Page 4 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Dec, 2009 - 6:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (23) »
USA RPGer / Colorful Writer - He says "My Boss Told Me To Put Something In This Post."
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2009 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,015
Flag Posts: 51,672
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.40 FP
Charm: 394

JPatt Introduction - Page 4

If you were talking about the Classifieds section then that is only for Upgraded Members as it says within that Board.

If you were talking about the RPG / Board Game Reviews Board then that is for individual games that are reviewed per Thread. In other words if you want to start a Thread about ONE free online game / table top RPG, then REVIEW it fully and place a link to download the material then that is permissible per game / RPG. You will need to start a new Thread for each one you review.

If you want to just post a Thread that says basically here is a link go download then that is considered SPAM / against our Posting Policy. Generally links to external sites should be a form of reference for source material during debate and not a means of sending the Membership elsewhere to look at something else for the sake of it.

We do have a sister site with a Community that allows you more freedom and you can post links after making 10 posts: Source 9 click on the relevant link to join, make your 10 Posts and then post in the Classifieds section there.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2009 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.5%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

Introduction JPatt

Aha, I misread a number of things. I see. I'm afraid I don't have many "new" RPGs, or one's I've played anyway, I have some older ones I like.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2009 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

You might like to look through our FAQ Board, it can help you understand how the Community is managed: Source 1

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2009 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Page 4 Introduction JPatt

Two questions, if you please. =)

I was reading the policies and FAQs, and saw the "how to post images" section, that said not to link to images not on your own server. I have Flickr and Photobucket and a couple of other graphics file host accounts that I regularly use for my uploaded files - can you link to these, or must it be your own personal server? Oh, also, is there a WIDTH argument in the IMG tag?

If I ever wanted to start a pbp/forum RPG (I don't know if you do a sample post first to see if anyone is interested or not?), how would I go about it? Does one prepare a writeup and idea of game mechanics and style of play or is there a particular template for how to run things, etc.?

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2009 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction JPatt

We have Threads that describe the process already, but rather than just answer here for you alone I think I will update them to include your questions and then refer you to it when done. However, I will like to add that we do have multiple RPGs here so where one is slow or stagnant the Member just moves on to the next. One negelected set are the five MMORPGs that are turn based. They are an excellent way to get in turns at your convenience for example: Ruler of Kings - MMORPG then one can use the MMORPG Board to followup on progress: Source 2 . The same is with the Member Wars Board, you can start as many RPGs as you like with any system or rule set you want - that is the whole purpose of that Board. Even if one were not here strictly for RPGs there is the Jokes Board, Arcade section, Forum Shop, Chess, and even more for Upgraded Members. Let's not forget fantastic Discussion on any Topic imaginable. The reason their isn't more emphasis in all these things is because I manage some 200+ sites that includes 23+ Communities and just do not have the time to do big promos or look in every nook and cranny for players, so it is pretty much up to Members to come up with what they want to do using the system in place. In addition to which we do not cater for the teeny bopper type mentality which makes up the majority of the net. We rather a FEW good Posts and a FEW good players rather than tons of things that usually go into that thing that John Crapper made.

UPDATE: These two threads have been updated to answer your questions and then some: Source 7 and Source 4

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2009 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction

Thanks for the replies. I know it seems like I'm dense but I actually am reading almost all of these things before posting questions - I'm either not reading them right or my particular question seems like it might not be covered, and I'd rather be safe than sorry by asking before trying something first.

The main thing I'd note would be you might want to also add to your updates source Starting Your Own, is whether or not one member can start their own play-by-post RPG as you describe, using more than the all-in-one thread method (thread for Characters, Game, etc), as the definition of how to start your own RPG in the opening post of that thread doesn't really say one way or the other. Also I guess it goes without saying or is implied, just wanted to note that *some* people might see intro in this thread as intentionally leaving out GMs who want to use a game system instead of just narrative in their PbP - I have to be honest, I thought maybe that was the case when I first got here, but I seem to get confused easily.

international QUOTE

Start Your Own Story

Text Only RPGing in ONE thread

Within this Board you can start a thread with your very own storyline like a novel where you describe your character and then build a storyline. Some refer to this as "Play by Post Role-playing". Others can then reply and continue the story by introducing their characters to yours within the SAME thread, then an active discussion ensues.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2009 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction - Page 4

Asking genuine questions is a good thing do not feel you are doing us a disservice. You are also quite right about that Thread. The Member Wars Board was originally just a storyline Board, but it has obviously expanded since then and I modified the First Post to reflect the availability to make Multiple Threads. Thanks for the heads up.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

JPatt Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 4

Congratulations Jpatt, you have been voted as Member of the Month of November 2009 by your peers. 200FP has been deposited into your account. You can view these results within the Honor Club.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: JPatt Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,