JPatt Introduction - Page 6 of 23

Thanks for the reply. I just tried again, - Page 6 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 11th Dec, 2009 - 6:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (23) »
USA RPGer / Colorful Writer - He says "My Boss Told Me To Put Something In This Post."
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

JPatt Introduction - Page 6

Well I have a number of "blogs" (that's the script but they're more like sites) on different subjects, I just wasn't sure if a "public member blog" was somehow different than a blog specific to this site, if it had a particular purpose outside of the usual, or what. I appreciate the notification, but I don't feel I have a need for one at the moment, as I'm not great at updating things, which is why forums are much better for me, as I can just pop on and say something, and it may be a minute after the last time I posted, or a couple days, or on other sites, weeks.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,022
Flag Posts: 51,679
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,582.80 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction JPatt

What makes our Blogs here different is we do try to bring a sense of caring for the lives of each other, so its more of an Update about you, your life, your concerns since the Intro Thread sometimes does not give that. In this way Jpatt (or any other Member) becomes more like an online friend - real person than just an avatar and a few thoughts in some Thread. However, no problem if you do not want one I understand, if you ever should want one just let me know via our Contact Page.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Thanks, I will keep it in mind - sometimes I feel like writing and putting my thoughts down, and sometimes I don't, more in the don't category, so I feel like it wouldn't really be right of me, at least right now, because while I could do a bio of myself or something, I honestly probably wouldn't keep the blog current because I just don't tend to do personal blog stuff, though the way you present it does make it sound much more inviting and meaningful than other blogs and their purposes.

I would just like to know, in general, is it okay to create new topics in different forums, or are there forum-specific limits, like is it okay to post a 'let's discuss roleplaying games' thread in the rpg review section, or do I need to find a thread that matches my topic, even if it really isn't the same. Are there forums where you are not supposed to post new threads and only use the existing ones? I'm unclear on the protocols for threads.

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 6 Introduction JPatt

New Threads are welcomed in any Board (save for Introduction as you only do that once) so long as the Thread does not exist. For instance we do not want 10 Threads on Iraq. Please see: Source 5

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Introduction JPatt

Your last post (AD&D Play By Post Party Thread) was deleted for not being constructive, based on the following:

8. You cannot Post a message with just a quote or off topic message or just to say "thanks", significant personal opinion, comment or input must be added with your quote / off topic message.

Please review our: Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2009 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction

This is a website technical question or issue - I tried to post in the FAQ thread but it wouldn't let me, so I'm posting here because I didn't see a "Website Help" forum anywhere.

I was attempting to change my avatar picture - I made sure to read the thread you have on uploading avatars and all that, and I clicked "Remove Avatar", then went to my Upload Avatar item I bought, clicked Use Item, it gave me the "browse" button, I selected the pic I wanted from my computer, 96x96 and less than 4kb, so well below the size maximums, and typed in the height and width and clicked the button - it refreshed to the "after" screen, but when I check my profile and posts, my OLD avatar (that I removed) is there.

I even removed my avatar, chose one of the premade ones and set it, which apparently worked, and then tried to use my Upload again and set it but though it went to the right size, instead of my new picture, it went back, somehow, to my OLD one again! I had about 130 FP but have like 20 left after trying to figure this all out - not that I'm worried about the FP but just as proof I've been working on this as much as I said, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2009 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction - Page 6

The FAQ Board is not for asking support questions, your Intro Thread is where you do that.

I saw in the logs where you uploaded six times so I restored your FP to try again. However before you do that please ensure the size / format / dimensions of the image are correct. Make sure to observe any error messages given you.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2009 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 6

Thanks for the reply. I just tried again, a pic of me in a tan shirt - the pic is 96x96, 3k in size, easily within the specs. It just went right back to my old avatar, in the white and blue jacket. I got no warnings of any kind and it proceeded to the next page you usually get when you finish uploading, showing your new FP total and all that.

Rather off topic, but...
Also, not related to this, but in the first main page of the User Control Panel, at the bottom, there is this typo:

"For Support Please refer to our comprehensive FAQ Board FIRST for the most common questions asked, and issues explained. If you do not find the answer there then please ask within your Intro Thread (the first message you made when you joined) and lastly, you may Conatct Admin directly IF you are an Upgraded Member. "

> TOPIC: JPatt Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,