Guyana Mormons - Page 2 of 2

Name: Stewart Foss Country: Comments: "This - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Latter-Day Saints in Guyana
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Guyana Mormons - Page 2

Name: Stewart Foss

Comments: "This is what I remember. I served in Guyana in 1998, and am current on info up to July 2000. This all depends on the accuracy of my memory. There are currently 3 branches and one group in Guyana. There are two large branches in the city of Georgetown. The Georgetown branch on the North of the Gardens and the Garden Park to the South. These branches are thriving. Attendance seems to increase weekly. They are in the process of building their first chapel, it will be in Prashad Nagar. They averaged about 150-180 people at church each week."

"There is a smaller branch across the river in Sisters Village. It is called the Patentia branch. It much smaller but has many awesome members. It averages about 30-40 each week. The group (Which may be a branch by now) is Berbice, or New Amsterdam. It was started in 1999 and has grown rapidly. When I was in the mission they regularily had over 100% attendance because of the number of investigators. Last I heard 80 people on sunday was regular. This is my recolection of the Guyana. They generally had 24+ missionaries, but that number fluctuated. 8 in each of the Georgetown branches 4 in patentia and 4 in berbice."

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Guyana Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,