Nancy Pelosi - Page 8 of 12

Some politicians, when they are in power too - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Jan, 2011 - 3:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

USA First Female Speaker of the House
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2010 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Nancy Pelosi - Page 8

Minority Leader?

Nancy Pelosi, who will lose her job as Speaker of the House in January in the wake of the Republican victory in the mid-term elections, says she will run as minority leader of the Democrats in the next Congress. Ref. USAToday

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2010 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pelosi Nancy

Nancy Pelosi Facing More Opposition in Bid to Lead Democrats

Nancy Pelosi is facing more opposition in her bid to keep her position as the leader of the Democrats in the House of Representatives.

The soon-to-be former Speaker of the House is hoping to keep her number one spot despite the pounding her fellow abortion advocates took in last week's election. But some Democrats expressed opposition to her initial announcement that she will seek the Minority Leader post and that opposition is growing.

At least 15 Democrats have said publicly they may not or will not vote for her.

Illinois Rep. Mike Quigley, one of several Democrats who wants to see someone else lead the party, told the Associated Press, "The reality is that she is politically toxic."

Rep. Jason Altmire of Pennsylvania added there is 'starting to be a sense that this may not be as much of a done deal as people might have thought. If enough people come out and voice a little discomfort with the idea of her continuing on, maybe she would reconsider."

Rep. Jim Matheson of Utah says some Democrats have expressed reservations but others have gone further and suggested they would not support Pelosi in either a public or a private vote. Ref. Source 1

17th Nov, 2010 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi History & Civil Business Politics

Nancy Pelosi has been elected the new House minority leader according to CNN. The vote ration was 150 to 43.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

5th Jan, 2011 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Pelosi Nancy

After all the fan fare Nancy Pelosi comes in 'second' to the new Speaker of the House. What do you think about her 'gavel' comment in her speech?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

6th Jan, 2011 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Pelosi Nancy

I think that her speech was correct. However, I think that it is a bit more than hypocritical seeing the way that she "represented the people" with ram-rodding bills through the process without having been read or even properly analyzed by walking to Capitol Hill with that exact symbol before the coereced votes were taken. Within her hands, it has been more of a symbol of uncontrolled power and pure party politics. But I am sure she his happy that the coup that she helped steward was bloodless...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

6th Jan, 2011 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi

I am surprised that she still leads the minority. After all the bickering from the Dems I thought for sure she would take a more silent seat, but it seems like they love her presence in the forefront.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2011 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi - Page 8

Actually, this was a fairly large opposition in terms of this voting as it is pretty much predetermined, so even if they don't really want to vote that way...they do anyway if they see the tsunami coming (remember, they might need her help later). Honestly, I think this is a big mistake for the Democrats. She is a very polarizing and actually hated public figure of a lot of the voter...I am not sure that I would want her still up front for the republicans to continue to point towards during the next election cycle. Congress had a 22% approval rating as she left and her number were particularly bad (with the exception of her own state).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

6th Jan, 2011 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

Some politicians, when they are in power too long (although that's not really her case), tend to become blind to public opinion I believe or perhaps they actually think they can turn things around.

My fondest moments of Nancy Pelosi was her standing up every time Pres. Obama said something in his early days of Presidency speaking to the House. Joe Biden had to stand up too, I'm sure he was sorely irritated and was possibly thinking Nancy, sit down already!.

+  « First of 12 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Nancy Pelosi

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,