Rustyknight Introduction

Rustyknight Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 31st Jan, 2007 - 3:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Canada RPGer
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2007 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Rustyknight Introduction
A Friend

Rustyknight Introduction

Hello, Rusty Knight here. I am here because you peaked my interest while I was searching for RPG sites that offer good solid communication and not just hack and slash playing. I also was excited to hear that proper grammer and spelling are required, not just an option. No, or little slang allowed was a big drawing point for me.
About me. I live in the frigid northen part of Canada. So indoor activities are a big drawing point. I work in an automotive dealership and when I come home I only want to exercise my mind and expand it a bit. Other then trying to figuire out what a customer is actually try to ask for. I like my work but after ten hours of slogging through trying to understand peoples needs. I want to come home and see what the world has to say. Maybe putting in my two cents as well. The second and original reason I signed up here was to play an RPG. I play EVE and EQ II a lot but something with actual communication on a level where I actually have to use my mind to visualise the situation sounds cool. I run a game that is homebrewed. I have three players that are great. But it is starting to feel a little like work. As we all post daily sometimes two or three times a day. As DM it gets a little tough keeping the book work up and keeping the players moving forward and entertained. They more keep me moving forward which is cool. But I would like to be 'just' a player as well in a game.
Politics. you really don't want to know. Oh! you do? Well I believe we should go back to the old Fuedal system of governement. Imagine how cool it would be with todays technology? 'Laughing' I play AD&D if you haven't guessed yet. AD&F 2nd edition revise, to be precise. In a homebrewed campaign that has brewed since 1985, gone through a couple metamorphises. The most current being, put online as a forum. It started out AD&D 1st edition but eveloved. When the game company came out with 3.0 and then 3.5. I called a halt to the version changes and kept 2.0 revised. As well as a mix of rules and mechanics from other games includeing the Canadian game Harn.
I can usually post at least once a day or so. Though I have been known to unplug my lap top and turn off my desktop. Walk away slowly from them and do something else for the evening or morning other then sit at old reliables. I even took a road trip without the laptop once.. it was horrible. I was so bored.. My fingers kept trying to tap the keys while holding on to the trucks steering wheel.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2007 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Introduction Rustyknight

Welcome Ta Ye Ole' Forum!

So, Ye be seeking Adventure eh? Well meh friend we be ready to have ye onboard. Ye may wish to have a look at our RPG Page for requirements. These links may also be proven useful to such dragon slayers as thyself:

Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Simply put meh friend... if ye be looking to join 'The World of Medieval' then thou needest a minimum of 30 Constructive Posts within this here Community. Get started, select a Board, a Topic and then share thy views.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2007 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.3%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Rustyknight Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the Forum, rustyknight! Glad to have you join us. Yes, we require actual communication here, and not a handful of smilies and net abbreviations. It tends to keep the level of discussion above scribbles. Please do explore the RPG boards for info and requirements, and then join in the discussions. We welcome your participation here.

Welcome and Enjoy!
Roz

My fingers kept trying to tap the keys while holding on to the trucks steering wheel.
Ah, a true addict! Do you type in your sleep, too?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2007 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,022
Flag Posts: 51,679
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,582.80 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Rustyknight

Your username seems awfully familiar, have you been here before?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2007 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Rustyknight Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Rustyknight

Hello again. I will try to get up to speed here. Learning to navigate and such here. As to have I been here before? Not to my knowledge. I have been on a few game forums and there seems to be a common usage of the tag Rusty Knight. I was actually surprise to get the tag on the first try.
I am an die hard gamer.
Thank you both for your welcoming.
Roz. I have awoken to realise my hands were operating the keyboard and my mind in the same space thinking about one game or the other. Sad but true. But if you think that is bad. My wife does a lot of the reasearch for me when I am in the middle of posting and want to know how us humans use items such as herbs and what a certain gems stone might look raw. So on and so on. She was looking at this this morning with me and is excited to check it out on her own..I am sure I will be here daily.
One thing I picked up on quick was that there seems to be a wide variety of topics here. And seeing the forum for LDS has me curious. I myself am a none practicing Latter Day Saint person.I still like to keep up to date and see what others have to say so don't be surprised if I spend the next two months wading through these forums.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2007 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Rustyknight Introduction

Thanks for the explanation. I guess you are here for the World of Medieval? We have some people currently waiting on support, so if you participate in the Discussions and get to 30 then you will have RPG status and can then create your character. If you have any questions feel free to ask here.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2007 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Rustyknight Introduction
A Friend

Rustyknight Introduction

Well now. I have read a few threads and see that there is variety here. Knight the Enforcer, thanks for the link and informal invite to get ready to play.
JB, Is it only thirty posts to qualify? rolleyes.gif It is all good. I like commitment. I have a situation where I have played AD&D since 1980 and still have to find a regular group that stays together the whole year on a regular basis. Right now my online PBP board has two players that have stuck it out for over a year. We post daily. Sometimes more. So this is how I see my online day going. 5:55 am log on to my email check for recent mail. 6:15 Log in to my PBP read, catch up on the playing. Reply to all posts if possible before 7:00 am then go to work. 12:00pm - 1:00 pm read and reply as needed on the game board, if time allows check email. 5:30pm check email, when finished, read some news stories just to have a laugh at the worlds idea of news. 6:30 pm or thereabout, log into Owerton, catch up, this usually is my long posts. Now I will be adding after the posts. usually around 8:30 pm MST, HERE.. When done here I will play one of my online games known as MMO's: EQ II, EVE or now a new one, Vanguard. till I am tired and ready to end the waking day. Then wake up and start over again. Ask me a question and if I think I know something I will answer. Just don't ask me about the real world. I left that behind in the eighties. Now I get joy out of watching my grandchildren growing up. I try to see into their world. It is more fun then the real world.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2007 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Rustyknight Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

That certainly was detailed. You may wish to give some of your comments in the RPG Review Board given your background. Have fun.

Blog Read My Blog
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Rustyknight Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,