Long Bow: How To Make - Page 2 of 5

That is too bad, I really thought you were - Page 2 - History, Historic Profiles - Posted: 11th Nov, 2009 - 8:50pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 1 16 43 Why Join Help
+  1 2 3 4 5 
I started by taping the chopping axe in with a 5lb sludge. Once it was in 4" or so I pulled it out and replaced it with a 5lb splitting maul. using the sledge I drove it down the centre grain of the tree. Read More
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2007 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 4,590
Avg: 1.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 44.3%
[+] Gain: 20,660.60 FP
Charm: 136

Long Bow: How To Make - Page 2

I am now making some strings for the two bows I have two ready for finial tilling. I have found some #14 Irish linen thread I will use along with man made wax for sealing it and a light Kavlar thread for serving the loop ends and the notching point.

I will attempt a Flemish string which means it is a braided line with the loop on the top end maid then braided in and the second end can be same or a lip knot tied to the bottom end.

I will post some pic of the process as I get it done. I will be using only one color in the thread though traditionally it would be two colored.

Please note I will not be making my own arrows at least till later on once I get the bow making process down better. I have however found plans on how to make a crossbow...but I need to ensure that is legal before I even dream of it.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2008 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,227
Avg: 1.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 35.6%
[+] Gain: 4.15 FP
Charm: 108

Make To Bow Long

I for one will be interested in seeing the finished long bow, that is if it is finished?

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2008 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle

Long Bow: How To Make Profiles Historic & History

I did finish one and never too the picture but it met its untimely death. I have three rough stocks ready and just need to find a few hours again to finish a second one.

Basically do the finish tillering. Right now they both sit a bout 180 lbs pressure.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2008 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 347
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 4.7%
[+] Gain: 93.97 FP
Charm: 5

Page 2 Make To Bow Long

Krakyn you are the man! I did not know you took your medieval weapons that seriously! I'll have to look at you in a different way now. lol

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2008 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle

Make To Bow Long

Medieval weapons are cool cause they are cheap to make and work! I can have a bow in my house but need no License till I hunt.

The cross bow is a big job, seen a show where they were trying to build a big one and a proper catapult but were getting issues of breakage. Seems we have a lost talent in the world today.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2009 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,965
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,545.92 FP
Charm: 338

Long Bow: How To Make

Did you ever complete your long bow Krakyn? If so it will be nice if you can utilize the gallery so we can see the finished product.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2009 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle

Page 2 Long Bow To Make

Yes but it shattered perhaps I did not exercise it enough. Though I have read that this is not uncommon. I hope to reattack a second but time is so short at present with no real opening in the future.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2009 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,965
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,545.92 FP
Charm: 338

Long Bow To Make - Page 2

That is too bad, I really thought you were making good progress on your long bow. Maybe a different type of wood will help for the next attempt of your long bow.

Guest please SHARE: "Long Bow: How To Make" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sponsored Links:

If you have input into "Long Bow: How To Make" do not be shy, give your input
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Long Bow: How To Make

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Unanswered

The below Topics have Zero Replies, can you be the first to comment on one or more of them?
Updated: Every 30 mins.

World Issues

China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 3rd Oct, 2018 - 5:02am
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Majicsun 19th Sep, 2018 - 1:23pm
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Stem 23rd Aug, 2018 - 8:29am
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:00pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:14am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By News 16th Apr, 2018 - 9:46pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm