Chinese Language

Chinese Language - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Dec, 2022 - 10:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Study of the spoken Chinese language
Post Date: 21st May, 2014 - 9:48am / Post ID: #

Chinese Language

Chinese

Discussion related to the Language: Chinese can be added here.

The Chinese (Sinitic) falls under the list of interesting languages.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th May, 2020 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Language Chinese

Chinese to rise as a global language. With the continuing rise of China as a global economic and trading power, there is no barrier to prevent Chinese from becoming a global language like English, according to new research. Source 1p.

17th Apr, 2022 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Chinese Language UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I'm glad I grew up knowing Chinese as my mother tongue, otherwise I’d probably even find it difficult to learn. But it is a lot of fun. I especially enjoy the street language that would use a “nickname”/similar phonetic to circumvent the CCP.

For example, 和谐,which mean harmony or better used as the neutralise the context, often used when there’s like extreme subject being mention or 18+ stuff. This word would be substitute by 河蟹 which literally mean river crab, but because it’s phonetically similar it is used.

And the most commonly used word 牛,which mean cow, but also mean awesome/cool/great. I guess these are similar to buck(Money or deer), big apple(New York or actually a big apple), tea(Gossip or tea) etc. They could all mean one thing but also another informally.

19th Apr, 2022 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Language Chinese

Mcxjudge, do you watch old kung-fu movies in the original language? I always wondered if they were translated correctly. *laugh*.

19th Apr, 2022 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Language Chinese

They are not translated to a T. For example if you said in English “This next song is going to blow your mind." Translating this into any other language it’ll probably be “This next song is amazing” or something like that, it won’t literally blow your mind. But it probably makes for a better flow of story. Also I don't want it any different, I enjoy reading the subtitles which could be like “You will die.” and Bruce Lee's mouth is still yapping on for another 3 seconds.

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2022 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Chinese Language
A Friend

Chinese Language

As a second language on the Internet, Chinese has seen the proportion of users grow by 2,650% between 2000 and 2021, reaching almost 20% of the world total, according to Internet World Stats. Therefore, the Chinese language is used by an increasing number of institutions.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Chinese Language

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,