US Citizens View Of Trinidadians

Us Citizens View Trinidadians - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 1st May, 2017 - 10:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

They are always all smiles but what they really think about Trinis?
23rd Mar, 2007 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

US Citizens View Of Trinidadians

I found this web site that allows people to post their opinions about anything you can think of and I found several opinions about Trinidadians from the perspective of US citizens. Now when US citizens come to Trinidad you always hear them complimenting the country, its people, smiling, etc but what they REALLY think about Trinis and Trinidad in general? Feel free to quote from these many opinions and say whether the statement is true or not and why.

international QUOTE
Working with Trinidadians is sometimes a challenge. A few folks I worked with were hard working, well educated and conscientious. However, the Caribbean tends to make things happen a lot slower and comes with a lot poorer workmanship than what I was accustomed to in the states and Canada. I remember a guy flew offshore to a platform 40 miles in a helicopter to fix something and came back an hour later saying he didn't have the right wrench. We needed it fixed that day but that was just the way it was and everyone just waited till the next day. This is a typical story and VERY common.

international QUOTE
f you invite a Trinidadian to your house and ask them to come over at 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday it could be 6 or 7 before they actually show up. This is the absolute gospel truth because it happened to me. It upset my southern bride so much we never invited another Trinidadian back to the house. Speaking with other expatriates this is very typical. Some told me they invite their Trinidadian friends over one to two hours ahead of when they actually want them there and they are still late. Furthermore there may be more or less people than you counted on arriving with the people you actually invited. The person mentioned above brought a sister and we almost didn't have enough servings for everyone. This is very frustrating and I never really found a good way to deal with this issue.

international QUOTE
The way females are treated in Trinidad is changing, but essentially to most Trinidadian men women are second class citizens. One tip on housing, if you contract a local worker for the house and your wife needs to tell him how to do something make sure she prefaces it with "my husband asked if you could do it this way". This will save an enormous amount of frustration for your wife. Yes it is a pain, but it also the way it is"¦ It doesn't matter if your wife has three degrees from Harvard, the worker who shows up to mow the lawn still views her as less important and less knowledgeable than he is.

international QUOTE
The place is dirty, full of crime, the shops have guards and buttons you have to press to gain access. Roads are full of holes, botanical gardens unkempt. So much trash around and the accommodation the poor live in beggars belief, a lot sleep on the pavement round the corner from a huge properties of the rich.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2013 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Trinidadians View Citizens US

United States Embassy in Trinidad & Tobago - 15 Queen's Park West Port of Spain: New Guide for U.S. Citizens residing in T&T

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

US Citizens View Of Trinidadians Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Nick

Title: Trinidad

Comments: Since I've been here, Trinidad has been a beautiful place. Don't let anyone scare you need to see for yourself then judge.

Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

Trinidadians View Citizens US

Name: George

Title: Trinidad

Comments: This visitor must be receiving commission for his comment on Trinidad. He should read the comment above his on this website which is the real truth of the situation here. Moreover I won't advise him to go walking alone in many areas of this natural beautiful island as he could end up on a slab at the mortuary. I refer him to the following comment below published in the local Newsday newspaper yesterday from one of his fellow countrymen.

international QUOTE
Too dangerous to return home

Sunday, April 30 2017

THE EDITOR: The greatest desire of thousands of Trinis living abroad is to return home to live out our retirement years. But it is too much of a gamble for us at this time as we may be killed for nothing. The crime situation is dangerous. There is no respect for law-abiding people.

In New York City where I live there is a population of over eight million people and our murder rate this year is less than 30.

Trinidads murder rate is a staggering 143. The island is a killing field.

England has lost two retired couples in Tobago, Japan has lost a lover of the steel pan to Trini killers.

What great sorrow has befallen a once beautiful island. JOSEPH VALDEZ Brooklyn, NYC

> TOPIC: US Citizens View Of Trinidadians

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,