Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom - Page 10 of 14

Wog: QUOTE Comments: Yes, the church has made - Page 10 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th May, 2011 - 1:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Mormons Smoking Pot
Controversial Mormon Issue
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2010 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom - Page 10

Name: SA

Comments: I was once a strong, healthy young woman, married, with 4 beautiful children. I could accomplish about anything I put my mind to. I've been active LDS my whole life.

My mother was disabled from severe Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and depression as long and I've lived. She was never active and could barely do anything physical, walking was a great challenge.

I used to judge my mother, not harshly, but thought surely if she were active in the church, doing service she would be productive and happy (as I was). If she could only turn to the Lord, she could find the peace she lacked. She lived a tragic life; when she passed, it felt like such a blessing.

The last fifteen years, I too developed RA; as have all of her four children. Fortunately, our medical care has been far better than our mother's ever was.

I use to regularly exercise, until 3 years ago my back gave way to severe Osteoarthritis, now I am disabled from chronic back pain and depression.

Three of my "church-sanction" prescriptions have suicidal thoughts listed as side effects. I've had one failed attempt and several others not gone through, due to prayer and sheer grit. My husband, bishop, VTs and RS have been supportive quite throughout.

I've had lots of counseling, LDS and otherwise, NONE can help me with the chronic pain I endure.

When I told LDS Social Services about my suicidal thoughts, they regrettably let me go, because my situation had become too much of a "liability"! I am now a liability? My husband, bishop, VTs and RS totally disagree.

During my beseeching prayers last night, I begged the Lord for additional help. I thought of my nephew who had once smoked pot. Odd! This is how I came to this thread. I am thankful for the posters who asked what is in your heart, or mentioned the "greater good".

I wish to be able to care for my home and family again, as opposed to wishing to die in my sleep EVERY night and dreading another painful tomorrow!

Everyone who knows me personally, knows of my testimony and particularly my temple attendance - often on crutches or in a wheelchair. It helps keep me sane.

However, often I can barely get dressed, let alone attend the temple recently. To think of surrendering my ability to attend the temple make me CRY, but this pain does too.

I thinking if cannabis (sp) could give me a quality life, I can be of service elsewhere too! If it worked, I HATE to say it, but it may be worth the trade. My husband is still supportive, I don't know if my bishop, VTs and RS would totally disagree.

Warmly,
SA

P.S. I noticed one member has "autism" linked to them. I ask, if this substance made a positive difference in the lives affected by that, what then would your position be?

Sponsored Links:
9th Dec, 2010 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

international QUOTE (Specific Action:)
I used to judge my mother, not harshly, but thought surely if she were active in the church, doing service she would be productive and happy (as I was).

Funny how things change around when we are experiencing it for ourselves. I can relate a lot to that.

international QUOTE
P.S. I noticed one member has "autism" linked to them. I ask, if this substance made a positive difference in the lives affected by that, what then would your position be?

Maybe you are referring to me because of my Avatar? I have three children with Autism or Autistic traits. I will not give my children marijuana if that is what you are asking, unless it was medically supervised and was a means to a proven cure for Autism.

Now for the others who try to Post messages as guests that never reach into this Thread: My argument in this is using things like Marijuana or any other drug for that matter as a crutch. All things can be used as a medicine or poison. Usually we only need medicines when our body has failed because of years of neglect such as bad diet and no exercise. The body is actually self-healing. Things like marijuana can be used to deaden the pain so that a same bad lifestyle of not eating properly and no exercise can continue rather than taking a proactive approach which involves lifestyle change. The other thing that amazes me about this Topic is that people will respond to it saying the same thing over and over again but care nothing for other Gospel Topics here, for me that is an indication that they are just looking for support to continue their little addiction. If you are doing the right thing then you need no approval from anyone else, you just do it regardless of what others think, but I feel most who act in this do it with a sense of hesitation if even if it is ever so small... It still bites at them that they feel they have to return here again and again adding nothing of substance to this Thread other than Oh joy marijuana works for me, I am a happy pot head and you all are fools.

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom
Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom (Hover)

14th Dec, 2010 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 6-Dec 10, 9:01 PM)

I used to judge my mother....

The last fifteen years, I too developed RA; as have all of her four children. Fortunately, our medical care has been far better than our mother's ever was.

If you was in India they would tell you that Karma is a heck of a thing...interesting story. I hope things work out for you. Personally if medical marijuana can be given in a REAL scenario (no just to get "high" and try to make it as an "excuse") then I don't see the problem however I find lots of these cases are just a way to do it legally.

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 14th Dec, 2010 - 5:36pm

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2011 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

Name: Tyson

Comments: personally, I see nothing wrong with using medical marijuana. I am currently 17, and have used marijuana as a cure to my severe ADHD since I was 13. Yes, I am sure that there are other medicines (pills) that I could take, but I do not like the idea of popping pills. Plus, there are so many advantages to the use of marijuana. when I start to use. my ADHD is mellowed, my asthma is cured, and I can honestly say that when I use and ponder the scriptures I can really understand the messages and have even started to write down all the messages that I come across. I would just like to set some things straight about marijuana:

1. Marijuana is not addictive.
2. You DO have control over yourself when high
3. Marijuana really isn't too harmful to your body

Yes. Marijuana is frowned upon in the state where I live. Marijuana is also against my religion, that is why I am on this forum. I am 17 years of age, I have just previously talked to my bishop and turn my papers in in about 13 months. I just wanted to give an opinion of somebody that has actually lived it, not just heard about it. I love this church and know with all of my heart that this is the true church. I apologize if I have said anything that is offensive to anybody who reads this.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2011 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

Name: Ben

Comments: Well, I've spent the last hour reading all of these posts. My question still remains unanswered. Has the Church made an official stand regarding the legal use of legally prescribed marijuana?

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2011 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom

Name: Pat

Comments: How many of you knew that James E. Talmage experimented with marijuana and tobacco to help aid his deteriorating health? (with full approval of the First Presidency).

Source: Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th May, 2011 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Mormons Marijuana & Word Wisdom - Page 10

Name: Wog

Comments: Yes, the church has made a non-public statement on medicinal cannabis. I have heard it twice from area authorities and calls to Salt Lake from my bishops over the last few years.

I would recommend that if you are a member of the church and feel a need to consume cannabis that you treat it like any other prescription, as in, no need to discuss it with leadership unless it is deemed by yourself to have become a problem needing help.

15th May, 2011 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Mormons Marijuana & Word Wisdom Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 10

Wog:

international QUOTE
Comments: Yes, the church has made a non-public statement on medicinal cannabis. I have heard it twice from area authorities and calls to Salt Lake from my bishops over the last few years.

Well I will be like Thomas in this case...see to believe. Too tired of the my brother told me that his aunt said that a best friend heard a general authority said...

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,