White Foreigners In Trinidad - Page 5 of 9

Name: Barry Country: Comments: my friend I'm - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 9th Dec, 2011 - 10:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Another what if I want to live in Trinidad Thread...
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2009 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

White Foreigners In Trinidad
A Friend

White Foreigners In Trinidad - Page 5

My father is white and my mom Indian and when he came from England to marry my mom everyone was so happy because he had blonde hair blue eyes and then I was born who do I look like my mom Indian My dad lived in Trinidad until he died he had friends of all races, so I say try it go to Trinidad it not the Island it how you deal with people.be nice and be wise.be careful about flashing money around and tone down the jewelery and please wear casual clothes and go out in groups or drive everywhere.look Trinidad my country I was treated badly I would go to Hilton when I was growing up and not allowed to go in and have dinner with my dad he could go but not me, but I still love my Island all I can say is go check it out and the people are nice and friendly just keep your eyes open. I would tell anyone to go visit and even live. I would in a heart beat.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Check your spelling. Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th May, 2010 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Foreigners White

Name: Liline

Comments: I heard white people don't mix with other races, is it true? What are the relations between whites and blacks/ indians. Is it true that there are white suburbs outside Port ofSpain? I heard so many things about whites wearing different clothes, going to different nightclubs, attending private schools, going to different shopping centers... (as a whole living in marge of society)all this seems quite subjective. What's your opinion?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

20th May, 2010 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

White Foreigners In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Are you talking about local whites or whites from abroad who come here as tourists? Local whites are few, very few so its really difficult to say how much interaction with other races there are. If there were 20% or 30% whites living here then I think a better conclusion could be made. If you're talking about the tourists most all of them are very friendly why else would they come here anyway if they didn't like the races in this country.

Post Date: 20th May, 2010 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Trinidad Foreigners White

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 19-May 10, 2:55 PM)
I heard white people don't mix with other races, is it true? What are the relations between whites and blacks/ indians. Is it true that there are white suburbs outside Port ofSpain? I heard so many things about whites wearing different clothes, going to different nightclubs, attending private schools, going to different shopping centers... (as a whole living in marge of society)all this seems quite subjective. What's your opinion?

In my experience; all the races get along. Save for this election(it seems to be bringing out the worst in people, especially indian & black)

In San Fernando, I wouldn't call it white suburbs, but you'd find more whites in certain areas

As for the latter questions; no. It's about preference. *Personally I choose not to wait in line for some clubs begging for them to take my cash

20th May, 2010 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Foreigners White

The local whites are few in Trinidad and in my observation they don't have a different "culture" if you want to call it that way, they are Trinis and pretty much they do what the rest of folks do.

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2011 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Name: Jenny

Title: Trinidadians

Comments: As a Trinidadian, I can tell you that you will get treated pretty badly. There are white people in Trinidad, but they are Trinidadian, and everyone can tell the difference. If you keep to yourself, stay inside at night (now you have to because they have a curfew), and just make sure that you don't so anything outright stupid, you should be okay. You should also consider moving to Tobago instead of Trinidad because it is the more tourist-friendly part of the country and is probably safer. You'll probably be okay, but you will get ripped off at each and every vendor you go to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Oct, 2011 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

White Foreigners Trinidad - Page 5

Jenny, Tobago is a bad as Trinidad now. Did you see the amount of crimes against foreigners there? I don't consider myself white but here they see me as one because of how I look, I never had a problem but yes there are people who assume a lot about you and they try to take advantage of you.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2011 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

White Foreigners Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Name: Barry

Comments: my friend I'm a Trinidadian black male. Let me give you a brief educated view of how we view you. You fall into several categories American. White probably in completion. Male.

American the world over is viewed as arrogant. Fiercely patriotic which is I have no complaints about because Trinidadians are similar. Most Trinidadians will tolerate you. Some will tell you like it is. Most would not care.

White. Most would not care if you are but don't act stupid with us. Don't act like your better because you come from America. A lot of people are homeless their too. And there are a lot of bad things their that we don't have here(yet)
Trinidadians like to talk to strangers because we like to interact. Some people will always be con men if your a sucker so be wise. Even Trinidadians have to be with our own people so you'll not get special Treatment. As a black man I would really want to understand different race to know what makes them tick to build bridges. To get past stereotypes.

Hispanic.. Trinidadian don't consider Latin Americans as truly white maybe even if they are Caucasian. Years of American movies and other stuff led to this.

But still for the most part you would be better taken care of in Trinidad if you can hold you own and don't take us for a ride we have to get to work like everybody else in the world and deal with our own frustrations too. If you want to be a tourist go to Tobago. They will pamper you or whatever tourist look for. But if you do come remember life hear is whatever you make of it. You wanna live rich we have the good life. If you want gutter you can get that. Or in between. So its not the people here that matter... IT's YOU

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: White Foreigners In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,