Wanchese Crab Cakes

Wanchese Crab Cakes - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Jan, 2017 - 10:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Archived Recipe: Cake
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2007 - 8:28am / Post ID: #

Wanchese Crab Cakes

Recipe name:
Wanchese Crab Cakes

User posted image Recipe category:
Cake

What are your thoughts about this dish?

User posted image Recipe details:
JUDI M. PHELPS 1 lb Crabmeat -- flaked

3/4 c Cracker crumbs

1 lg Egg -- beaten

2 tb Onion -- minced

2 tb Mayonnaise

1 tb Worcestershire sauce

1 tb Mustard -- prepared

3/4 ts Hot pepper sauce

1 t -- salt

1/2 ts Black pepper -- ground fresh

Cracker crumbs -- for dredging Peanut oil -- for frying cakes

In a medium bowl, mix together with fork the first 10 ingredients. Form mixture into 3-inch patties; roll in cracker crumbs. In a skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F; fry patties until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with sauce of choice. Makes 3 servings. Source: Blue Crab, a Cookbooklet. Shared and MM by Judi M. Phelps

User posted image Your opinion:
Please share your version of this recipe and what you did to improve upon it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2017 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Cakes Crab Wanchese

Name: Jay

Title: This Recipe Takes The (Crab) Cake!

Comments: I've made this recipe many times over the years and it is delicious and my go to recipe for crab cakes. If you take the cakes and cover them and place in the refrigerator for about an hour they firm up a bit and are less likely to fall apart in the skillet. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published this recipe and in place of the salt used 2 teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning. I'm going to try that next time.

> TOPIC: Wanchese Crab Cakes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,