Miss Universe 2007

Miss Universe 2007 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 30th May, 2007 - 7:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
29th May, 2007 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Miss Universe 2007

I was so glad to hear Miss Japan won! For a long time I have been saying that I wanted to see a beautiful Oriental girl as Miss Universe. Nevertheless, the event was tainted from a fall of Miss USA to contestants dropping out from the competition. Read the article:

A 20-year-old dancer from Japan who wants to someday open an international dance school, was crowned tonight as Miss Universe 2007.

Mori, 20, the 56th winner of the title, was given her $250,000 diamond-and-pearl crown by last year's winner, Zuleyka Rivera of Puerto Rico, watched by a live audience of 10,000 and some 600 million television viewers worldwide.

During the evening gown parade, Miss USA, Rachel Smith, slipped on the runway and landed on her bottom, although the slip didn't stop her earning fifth place.

Australia's entrant, Kimberley Busteed, and her controversial surf life-saving costume were a bust.

The blonde 18-year-old from Queensland had an early night at the pageant, failing to make the first cut.

This year's contest was marked by controversy, with a handful of Mexicans booing Smith in the run-up to the finals because of what they saw as U.S. unfriendliness toward illegal immigrants.

Miss Sweden, Isabel Lestapier Winqvist, unexpectedly pulled out of the event because of complaints in her country that it degrades women.

In another hitch, Miss Mexico was made to change her outfit for the regional dress contest after her original dress, decorated with brutal images of rebels in a 1920s religious uprising being hanged or shot, drew accusations of poor taste...

Sponsored Links:
29th May, 2007 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Universe Miss

Here is the video of that fall:

You must admit, she recovered from it quickly and was able to keep smiling, but I am sure it will stay with her for the rest of her life - I hope she overcomes it.

29th May, 2007 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Miss Universe 2007 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

You must admit, she recovered from it quickly and was able to keep smiling

I think it was all an act (the smile, etc) but she felt miserable inside, nevertheless she made it to the fifth position with fall included!

30th May, 2007 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

Universe Miss

I watched the video on YOUTUBE revealing Miss USA falling during the pageant. When a contestant falls, this automatically disqualifies her for the finals. But obviously, this did not make a difference, since Miss USA qualified for fifth place. I always suspected that these pageants were rigged.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 30th May, 2007 - 3:45am

30th May, 2007 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Universe Miss

Geenie said:

When a contestant falls, this automatically disqualifies her for the finals

I don't think this is accurate. Where did you get this information from? I remember years ago, right here in Trinidad Miss Philippines also fell in the gown competition and she became the 1st runner-up.

30th May, 2007 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Miss Universe 2007

This is one of the rules of the pageant. I know for a fact that once a contestant falls, many marks are deducted from her profile by the judges. It is important to remember that the contestants are being judged for their beauty, confidence, grace, intelligence and a flawless performance (that is, being able to walk confidently and gracefully, without falling down or falling off the stage). Inspite of the contestant's performance for the rest of the pageant, she still would not qualify for the finals because of her "flawed" performance.

However, there is a possibility that the rules may have been changed or relaxed, since Mr Donald Trump has purchased the franchise for Miss Universe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2007 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Miss Universe 2007

This is one of the rules of the pageant.

I never heard or read about that rule. If you can find it online, I would be interested in reading it.

I know for a fact that once a contestant falls, many marks are deducted from her profile by the judges.

Oh yes, that's for sure. It seems that in the case of Miss Philippines (1999) and Miss USA (2007) was not a huge factor since both made it to the finals.

30th May, 2007 - 7:09am / Post ID: #

Miss Universe 2007 Movies Music Fashion & Sports

This year's contest was marked by controversy, with a handful of Mexicans booing Smith in the run-up to the finals because of what they saw as U.S. unfriendliness toward illegal immigrants.

They booed her? That's the rudest thing I've heard about any pageant before!

Because of U.S. "unfriendliness toward illegal immigrants"? (And how are illegal immigrants handled in Mexico?) That's ridiculous.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Miss Universe 2007

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,