USA Positive Or Negative Influence On The World.

Usa Positive Negative Influence World - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Sep, 2007 - 6:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Discuss  USA Positive Negative Influence On World American Football
24th Aug, 2007 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Has The United States been Largely a net positive or a net negative to the Peoples of the World and to their own population? What is their record as compared to other Superpowers and cultures throughout recorded history and today?

USA Positive Or Negative Influence On The World. (Hover)

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Sponsored Links:
24th Aug, 2007 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

World The Influence Negative Positive USA

I am fairly positive that we have many Threads that Discuss this in one way or the other within the Community - did you do a search?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

24th Aug, 2007 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

USA Positive Or Negative Influence On The World. History & Civil Business Politics

I did a search and was unable to find one that dealt directly with the positive and negative effects of the U.S as compared to historical Superpowers and societies.

We have discussed particular negatives about the US (Selling arms to other nations, immigration) but I was wondering in general and not in particular if the USA is positive or negative.

I wanted to have a discussion on the cultural, spiritual, and political influence of the U.S. To determine how the U.S. Compares to other nation in it Human Rights Record, influence, and its perceived place in the world.

I would understand if the thread closed because of other discussions relating to this.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

25th Aug, 2007 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (dbackers @ 24-Aug 07, 6:42 PM)
Has The United States been Largely a net positive or a net negative to the Peoples of the World and to their own population?

I think both. In some instances I believe the United States have done great things for other countries, but it also messed up in some situations as well. Now with regards to their own population, I think is doing a pretty good job (Despite the critics). The USA is a country where people can actually grow economically, not all countries have that blessing.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

25th Aug, 2007 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Here are some, related Threads:

* Manifest Destiny

* USA, Big Bad Bully?

* Anti-American

Do any of these fit this Topic? If so, continue with the Thread already started. If not, carry on here.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

27th Aug, 2007 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

I believe the United States is flawed in some ways, but it has been a net positive for the World, being a major influence for good in WW1 and 2, a Stabilizer against the Soviet Union, and a country where people are generally allowed the freedom to do as they please(can be bad or good).

The United States is an interesting country. Because of its beginnings as a Democratic Republic, its actions are based mainly on the "will of the electorate."
Therefore when it chooses good leaders the country tends to make decisions that are good for the world, when they have bad leaders the actions follow. The United States Population is responsible for the decisions of the government.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2007 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

USA Positive Negative Influence The World.

international QUOTE (dbackers @ 27-Aug 07, 3:21 PM)
Therefore when it chooses good leaders the country tends to make decisions that are good for the world.

I absolutely disagree with this statement. The country tends to make decisions that are good for the USA and NOT for the rest of the world (And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that) Now, just because a President tries to give speeches stating otherwise does not matter to me, in the end, they look after their own interests ONLY as ANY other country in the world does.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2007 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

USA Positive Negative Influence The World. Politics Business Civil & History

I agree and disagree with LDS_Forever, both at the same time even.

Leaders of the US government first and foremost should be making choices that directly affect the US people in a positive manner. However many of those decisions will also affect her global neighbors. A good leader will try to make decisions that will be positive over a longer period of time. This may mean that in the short term things may actually become worse.

There have been many examples where US leaders in an effort to make things better in the US for the long run have intervened in the affairs of other countries. US Soldiers have been sent and billions of dollars spent in an effort to facilitate global stability. Short term this is hard for families and for the economy. Over the course of history some of these examples have met with much success and some not.

Were it not for the interjection of US diplomacy how different would the world be? If the US only worried about an immediate positive outcome within her own borders, eventually it would have a much more negative effect.

Reconcile Edited: bobnbrittw on 1st Sep, 2007 - 6:41am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: USA Positive Or Negative Influence On The World.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,