Dual Citizenship In Trinidad & Tobago

Dual Citizenship Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th May, 2008 - 7:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Dual Citizenship in Trinidad & Tobago

Do you think Dual Citizenship in Trinidad & Tobago is a good or bad thing? Some argue that allowing a person to hold citizenship of two countries may lead to a lack of patriotism or avoidance of taxes.

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2007 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Citizenship Dual

Dual citizenship may be a potential tax problem in the near future depending on the property amount! My father is in a facility where he was paying for his medications and care and as soon as he needed to be hospitalized, medications and care went up 1000% or more. His medications before hospitalization were $100-200 USD per month but when he went into the hospital and began using the hospital formulary, medication jumped to $5000-6000 per month.

We applied for aid due to his age (82) and then we found out he had to spend down all his assets before he could even be considerd.
TRANSLATION: Where ever he had assets, they had to be sold, to pay for any outstanding debt and only then would paperwork be initiated!

Many countries see dual citizenship as a way to attract skilled people and retain them into a cohesive model for change but smaller countries like T&T may not understand that concept so it may not be that palatable.

30th Aug, 2007 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Dual Citizenship In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

QUOTE (Yeniseri)
T&T may not understand that concept so it may not be that palatable.

Understand what concept? The concept of dual citizenship or assets in other places? I can tell you that T&T does allow dual citizenship and on all tax forms you do have to declare foreign assets, bank accounts, etc.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2008 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Name: Neville

Comments: How do my wife & I apply for and receive Trinidad & Tobago citizenship? We are currently citizens of Canada, but were born in Trinidad.

21st Mar, 2008 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you were born in Trinidad then you are a citizen of Trinidad & Tobago. Do you have a birth certificate of your birth in Trinidad?

21st Mar, 2008 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

JB:

I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you were born in Trinidad then you are a citizen of Trinidad & Tobago.

Not necessarily. I heard there was a time in Canada that in order for a Trinidadian to get Canadian citizenship they were asked to abandon the Trini one (many, many years ago of course).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2008 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Dual Citizenship Trinidad & Tobago

Name: Ricky

Comments: How do you go about getting dual citizenship in Trinidad and Tobago? Do you apply or is it automatic once you were born there?

25th May, 2008 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Dual Citizenship Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

If you were born here or your parents are citizens then you are a citizen. Trinidad & Tobago allows dual citizenship, but the other countries do not so you will have to check with the, to see if they will want you to give up your Trini roots. I know the US doesn't allow dual citizenship.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Dual Citizenship In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,