Terrorism In Pakistan - Page 3 of 21

Pakistan Bombing Many people are feared dead - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Sep, 2008 - 2:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Pakistan
A Friend

Terrorism In Pakistan - Page 3

I believe there are only two ways in dealing with terrorists or terroristic governments. You either beat them through the use of military might or you educate the kids so they do not fall under the wings of these terrorists. I do not see the education coming around anytime soon so I guess the best way to deal with these groups is to use men and bullets. If you negotiate with them they have a long history of using that as a ploy to get you to stop killing them so they can get their numbers up. I say use military might and get rid of them. Yes it will take a few years and be bloody but we need to do it.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Pakistan Terrorism

Problem with places like Pakistan is that there is a lot of people unaccounted for and with a reason to have a grudge either against the West or the Pakistani Government, so it has become a culture. If you want to understand what I mean look for the Thread about that massive earthquake they had some time ago and how it was handled. The Pakistani Government only 'knows' and can 'handle' a small percentage of the total within her borders.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Pakistan
A Friend

Terrorism In Pakistan History & Civil Business Politics

Yes Pakistan has grown quickly in the number of people it has. I think it is going to be a new terroristic government because thos of the taliban are losing in afganistan and they need a place where they can have the power. The weak government of Pakistan is the perfect place for them to strike.

22nd Apr, 2008 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Pakistan Terrorism

You are likely right a safer place for them to be. The only issue is if you go in with guns blazing be sure not to stop till they all have dropped.

Then yes you will need to institute a strong governing body that can maintain the choke hold. I think in the end all you do is scatter the vermin and they will just form squads across the world targeting the USA. Once that starts it will escalate beyond anything we have yet seen. In the size of the effect of the attacks and where they are placed.

I think it will happen because there are to many soft hearts out there that will stop the death count that would be required to completely eradicate this enemy we currently face. Then the reeducation could start.

If any one thinks that Canada or the States can not be brought to it knees for a few months with a large economic repercussion inside of a few hours they are sadly mistaken. A few dozen people in a land largely unprotected (As till of late no real threats have been present) need to think hard on what we depend on the most. Remove that for a few weeks across the country and see what happens.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Pakistan
A Friend

Pakistan Terrorism

I am not knowledgeable about the government of Pakistan, but the history of the country has been of conflict and need since it became a country. Many of the initial Islamic population of Pakistan is displaced Indians. The "hatred" started at the very beginning. After all, the country is only 61 years old. Pakistan is about half mountains and half plains so those who live in the mountains have difficulty providing for themselves or traveling. National education is probably nearly impossible in these mountain regions.

I understand that Pakistan is a "poor" nation as well. Getting government programs out to the less populous or more rugged regions isn't easy. The Pakistani people generally are a very hardy type; the hardship of their physical environment would make them so. If the Taliban and other fanatical factions of Islam are willing to make their homes in these remote regions it may be that the people living there have no other source of information against which to make intelligent, informed decisions. If a people are living at bare subsistence levels, they probably don't have money for such luxuries as radios which could bring in a signal in the mountains. Judging from some news articles I"ve seen most of the mountain Pakistanis are living just slightly above a Middle Ages culture. The closest "leader" will be the one they listen to. It appears that is the Taliban. I don't know if the Pakistani government has the resources to send teachers of "milder" (in my opinion saner) forms of Islam to these isolated places to counter the fanaticism of the Taliban. It may simply be a matter of numbers. That and with a culture that has for the last 61 years been trying to stop a gap in culture with guns, it is hard to get them to change their view.

Pakistan's problem is largely the "fault" of Islam itself. If the Taliban is willing to indoctrinate people with walking Iman and the saner sects of Islam are not, then who can be at fault? To stop the killing, you need to educate people to the fact that killing is wrong. I don't know from what source the Taliban and al-Qaeda get their "Islam" but I have read the Quran from cover to cover and their interpretation would have Mohammad rolling in his grave. There are some Hadith which speak of "jehad" but al Qaeda is not even following that rule. A good source for this information is https://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/hadith/jihad.htm.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Pakistan
A Friend

Terrorism In Pakistan

Your quite right in the fact that a lot of the extremist in the religion of Islam are using some other form of religious source besides the Quran or a twisted writing of it to support their need to go out and cause the kind of destruction they are causing. I do hope that Pakistan can educate their people differently but for now I think we will have to use military force to get rid of the Taliban and others in the mountains. Then the chance of education may have a better chance of taking hold.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terrorism Pakistan - Page 3

Assassination attempt

Pakistan's Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani survives an apparent assassination attempt after shots were fired at his car, officials say.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2008 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terrorism Pakistan Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Pakistan Bombing

Many people are feared dead after a powerful blast destroyed the Marriott Hotel in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad.
Ref. BBC

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Terrorism In Pakistan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,