Adhd And Development Delay - Page 2 of 2

Younger aged children with symptoms of ADHD - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Mar, 2018 - 7:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2008 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Adhd And Development Delay
A Friend

Adhd And Development Delay - Page 2

CHADD was my lifeline in my battles with the school system. One year the local school had two boys with ADHD and they decided that hiring a teacher was less expensive than transporting them to the regional school. Unfortunately she was a brand new teacher and the boys exchanged days to act out (this was PLANNED) and that year neither of them learned hardly anything. So you have to be intimately involved with your children if they attend public school, maybe even private school, I wouldn't know as I've never had my children in a private school and I didn't have the time to home school them. It was a struggle for me when summer arrived because I spent most of my at home time trying to bring Mike back up to speed. Fortunately for me, he was willing to learn with me as his teacher. Then the regional school really pulled a fast one on all of us. Mike was refusing to attend school at all. The bus would come for him almost a half hour after I had to leave for work, and he would either simply not come out or he'd come to the door and wave them away. The driver could not wait more than 15 minutes for him. Well, the receiving school NEVER told anyone he was skipping school until I got a COURT ORDER! Fortunately for me, the sending school principle attended the hearing with me and stood up for me, stating that the receiving school also never informed HIM that Mike was skipping and the court threw the case out, but not before threatening me with JAIL because I wasn't there to see to it that he left. He had a problem with some of the other boys on his bus and one time he jumped out of the bus at a traffic stop and WALKED eleven miles home! It was the police who contacted me, not the regional school. So stay involved with your ADHD child, their school and be sure to review the child's IEP because they often fall through the cracks, especially if the teacher is overloaded.

Rather off topic, but...
My children and I developed an unusual way of telling each other we loved them. We'd hold up a hand with the index finger and thumb touching and say "I love you this much" but we meant from the pad of the thumb all the way around the world to the pad of the index finger. My daughter told me when she told her friends this, it proved that I thought she was really special. Everyone thought it was "precious".

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Oct, 2016 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Delay Development Adhd

Family stressors and traumatic childhood experiences linked to ADHD diagnoses in children

Children who experience family and environmental stressors, and traumatic experiences, such as poverty, mental illness and exposure to violence, are more likely to be diagnosed with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), say researchers. Ref. Source 1m.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2018 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Adhd And Development Delay Health & Special Psychology

Younger aged children with symptoms of ADHD have reduced brain size. Children as young as four years old with symptoms of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) showed reduced brain volumes in regions essential for behavioral control, according to a new study. The research represents the first comprehensive examination of cortical brain volume in preschool children with ADHD and provides an indication that anomalous brain structure is evident in the early stages of development. Source 1c.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Adhd And Development Delay

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,