Are There Bears In Trinidad?

Are Bears Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Dec, 2020 - 6:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2008 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Have any bears ever been sighted in Trinidad and Tobago?

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2008 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Bears Are

Wow never thought about that! I do not think there are any bears here, there arent any in the national zoo even, this place just too small!

10th Jan, 2008 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Are There Bears In Trinidad? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I am sure there would not be since the amount of bush required to feed one is very massive compared to the country. I would be willing however to trade 1 black bear for 5 Iguanas *holds his skews behind his back*.

12th Jan, 2008 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Bears Are

I thought bears eat mostly fish and have a taste for human foods? I imagine with the amount of food we Trinis like we would have seen a dozen bears already laugh.gif.

14th Jan, 2008 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Bears Are

Actually bears eat just about anything especially if it is small then themselves.

My are black bears are common and this is their favorites food groups.

* Horsetails(plant) & grasses
* Berries: chokecherry, huckleberry, & buffaloberry are favorites forbs
(broad-leaned plants)
* Aquatic plants such as lilies
* Elk & Moose calves,
* Deer fawns
* Ground squirrels & other small rodents
* Ants,
* Wasps,
* Bees (adults & larvae)
* Carrion

So yum yum, yes they do like the easy feast on human garbage but is not normals. The fish is a big deal as the trout run in the spring feeds many starving bears after the winter hibernation. Remember bears never actually stop eating so it does take a good piece of land to keep them fed well.

16th Jan, 2008 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Thanks for the info I did not realize they eat basically anything. If we had bears then they would be terrorizing us all the time since we have food outlets all over the place! Trinis alwways cooking or eating something!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th May, 2014 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Are Bears Trinidad

It would be cool if there were bears in Trinidad. That might stop all those fellas planting ganja in the mountains.

26th Dec, 2020 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Are Bears Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

If there were ever bears in Trinidad or Tobago they would last because hunters would see to that. They are killing our national birds just a for a little meat. The amount of meat a bear would produce would make them rich. It is good that we don't have bears here for that reason alone.

> TOPIC: Are There Bears In Trinidad?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,